• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Is there anything more exasperating

Turk10mm

Just smokin
than a plugged smoke? I picked a morning commute cigar this morning from my stash that I've previously loved, a Cuaba Generosos from 05. I set it out on the counter as I finished getting ready for work and clipped the end. The prelight draw was TIGHT!! I used a tool and tried to open it up some but it was still tight. So I grabbed another one, as I didn't want to be disappointed. Guess what, same thing, it was too tight.

Well, I tried to make the most of it, and smoked it anyways. I wish I'd just left it alone. I fought the dang smoke the whole way into the office. There was no plug, it was just rolled too tight all the way through.

Disappointing.

That sucks but mmmm, two sticks may not be coincidental, the RH could be too high... maybe these two sticks are stored right next to your humidifier.

Brian

actually, they're stored in a cigarbox that's closed in an area that runs about 63-65% I haven't checked the humidity in the box. When I get home I'll toss a hygro in there and check it in a couple days.

I know your feeling. I was tailgating for the Bengals Steelers game and brought a Cohiba Siglo III. I got down there only to realize in the rush, I forgot my lighter and cutter. After walking the parking lot, we got both and I torched it. After all the stress and hell I went through, the thing was plugged so bad it was un-smokeable. Needless to say, I was upset. I'm ordering a set of Henry's cigar tools at the end of this week. I refuse to go through that again.

Did you try feeling for hard spots and then if near the head or foot (typically the head) cutting off 1/4" sections until it draws?

A plugged cigar, by definition, does not draw at all. A tight cigar, however, might yield with some massaging or trimming.

Wilkey

The hard spots seemed to start at the cap and go up about 2/3 of the way. It really felt like a stone. I eeked out a bit of smoke by really working it, but it wasn't enjoyable. I smoked it because it was an ISOM and I didn't have anything else with me to smoke.

There were about a half dozen times were I was ready to pitch it out the window and kept hoping that sooner or later it would loosen up. I tried massaging it to no avail, i tried to massage it so hard that I cracked the wrapper. Blah, just pissed off.

Even while it was burning, the softness from the heat didn't seem to loosen it up at all. Finally at the very end it loosened up enough to smoke. By this time though I think it was a bit tainted by constant messing with. Oh well.

I've found that when stored at 65% or higher these are always tight.
Try to dry box for a day before smoking the next one.
BTW... I love this smoke!

Never had a tight Cuaba, it would piss me off also, love the Cuaba taste. :thumbs: :love:

Well, I smoked another stick out of the same box, a Rafael Gonzalez Petit Corona and it smoked wonderfully on my commute in. The first two thirds were a good smoke but nothing to scream about, but the ending was pretty damn tasty. In fact, I stood in the garage by the ashtray to smoke it all the way down to the cap, it was so good.