• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo De Monterrey

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
This cigar was stout, providing a very full, smoky flavor. While this is what I like, to a degree, on my ribs, it's not what I want on my cigar all the way through. This EMS cigar had a complex flavor, but I cannot define what those flavors were. Maybe I need a bit of work in the detection department... ???

The cigar smokes well to the band, but after that you can forget about it. Scorching hot smoke is your reward for a strong pull.

I would not smoke this cigar again.

You should try th HDM Excalibur line..they are one of my favorites,particularly the 1066 and Galahad. I never tried any othe HDM cigars so I could not comment,but this line lives up to its name!

I just got one of these in today... not having had this particular one before but liking the line am wondering if to smoke it soon or unwrap it and let it age some maybe.

Do you like the Hoyo line generally and was this just this particular cigar or do you dislike the entire line and so the characteristics of it was carried into this cigar?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

SamGuss said:
Do you like the Hoyo line generally and was this just this particular cigar or do you dislike the entire line and so the characteristics of it was carried into this cigar?
I do not usually enjoy smoking the Hoyo line at all. I can't remember one that was especially noteworthy now that you mention it. I had seen this cigar reviewed in a magazine and decided to give it a shot. I assumed that because the cigar was from one of their more desirable lines, I might enjoy it more. I was wrong.

Smoke up and let us know what you think. I would be very interested in someone else's first-hand opinion.

I have to agree with Dawn. I have had a few HdM's that were harsh, put them down after 1/3! Now, the Excalibur line is another story! Very flavorful, a little on the mild side but the taste makes up for that. I especially like the maduros. I haven't smoked the 1066 yet, but I have a few that I'm saving for later. I hear they are pretty good. Just my .02 :D