• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to tell?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I know that determining a genuine from a fake is not something that can be conveyed in a reply but I am hoping to learn what I can from those here who know.

For starters, I had met a cigar store owner in another country while on vacation. Soon after my return home, he and his partner split and now they are both contacting me for my business. They have both offered me some pretty good prices and they have both promised to stand behind their product to my full satisfaction.

I have ordered some from both and need to know where to start.

I know that determining a genuine from a fake is not something that can be conveyed in a reply but I am hoping to learn what I can from those here who know.

For starters, I had met a cigar store owner in another country while on vacation. Soon after my return home, he and his partner split and now they are both contacting me for my business. They have both offered me some pretty good prices and they have both promised to stand behind their product to my full satisfaction.

This store isn't in St Maarten is it?

Welcome to CP.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.vitolas.net/thumbnails.php?album=43

Wilkey is a member here (screen name: Ginseng). Cigar Smoke and several others have provided much in the way of analysis.

Unfortunately their doesn't appear to be a definitive resource currently available. I suppose that is at least one reason why Ginseng partnered with Moki to provide us an avenue into the world of counterfeit cubans on vitolas.net.

As a newbie I will refrain from answering since I read the cautions about "sources"

As a newbie I will refrain from answering since I read the cautions about "sources"

FWIW, answering yes or no to Bob's question wouldn't be construed as sharing of a "source". St. Maarten is an island, not a store.

FWIW, answering yes or no to Bob's question wouldn't be construed as sharing of a "source". St. Maarten is an island, not a store.

Thanks for the clarification, I am just trying to be safe and obey the rules. And yes it was St. Martin

There's also a good thread somewhere around here about things to know before buying. Pretty recent, so it should be on the first page or two.

Thanks for the clarification, I am just trying to be safe and obey the rules. And yes it was St. Martin

Man am I good or what........ :D

Yep, very good but how does that help CigarStone? :whistling:
Deal or No Deal? ???

Brian

I was well taken care of and might I say that, as a veteran of many special interest web forums, this site blows the rest away!

This doesn't have anything to do with your question but it does have to do with your title.

There never was a $64,000,000 question. You need to remove a few zero's. :laugh: The term "$64,000 question" started as a radio show where the top prize was $64. Eventually it became the $64,000 question and moved from radio to TV. That was back in the 50's...... so I've been told. :whistling:

Without cheating and googling the answer..... anyone recall what a contestant would win if they missed a question after passing the $8,000 mark? :cool:

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled program. :sign: :cool:

This doesn't have anything to do with your question but it does have to do with your title.

There never was a $64,000,000 question. You need to remove a few zero's. :laugh: The term "$64,000 question" started as a radio show where the top prize was $64. Eventually it became the $64,000 question and moved from radio to TV. That was back in the 50's...... so I've been told. :whistling:

Without cheating and googling the answer..... anyone recall what a contestant would win if they missed a question after passing the $8,000 mark? :cool:

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled program. :sign: :cool:

Inflation!