• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Higher possibility of avoiding fakes in 3 and 5 packs ?

smithrob75

Now I've had really good luck with all the cigars I've recieved, never got a fake (although I've been given fakes) I recently ordered some Cohiba Robusto 3 packs and Siglo 2 and Siglo 4 in 5 packs. Both came in beautiful boxes and the cigars also has their own individual boxes. Now most of the counterfiets I've seen are in SBN or dress boxes. I've never seen a counterfeiter make fake 3-5 count boxes. It seems that it would impossible to dulpicate those..

Is my thinking right ?? I so I would buy 5x5 boxes as opposed to 25 counts (just to be sure)

I use to think the same about 3&5 packs and also tubed ISOM, but I've gotten(have) fakes in all of these packages.

I have seen fakes in these packages too. I saw these fake packages while in downtown Naussau. The Bahamas!!!

Now I've had really good luck with all the cigars I've recieved, never got a fake (although I've been given fakes) I recently ordered some Cohiba Robusto 3 packs and Siglo 2 and Siglo 4 in 5 packs. Both came in beautiful boxes and the cigars also has their own individual boxes. Now most of the counterfiets I've seen are in SBN or dress boxes. I've never seen a counterfeiter make fake 3-5 count boxes. It seems that it would impossible to dulpicate those..

Is my thinking right ?? I so I would buy 5x5 boxes as opposed to 25 counts (just to be sure)

Hi smithrob75,

We'd love to meet ya, so please tell us a little about yourself in the New Guy Intro Forum.

As xprinter noted, fakes can come in ANY type of packaging. I've seen authentic tubes reused to house poor fakes.

However, in general, cardboard packaging is usually not the first choice for large volume dealers of fakes.

Wilkey

Higher possibility of avoiding them, perhaps, but as was mentioned above, tubes do not guarantee authenticity.

See Ginseng's excellent breakdown of some fakes recently for pics of a bogus tube:

Link

Welcome!

Enjoy the Ride!!

Please introduce yourself and take a look at the Newbie Sampler Thread for some fine smokes!