• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hidden Petite Coronas

cigardawg

I have smoked (and enjoyed) most of the "better-known" petite coronas (let's include both marevas and minutos). These include the Monte No. 4, Siglo II, SP Non-Plus, Boli PC, Pary Short, RASCC, SCdH EP, PL PC, and probably some others that I don't remember now.

What I am looking is for input on are those "gems" that I have missed. Either PCs from the more obscure or second-tier brands or other mareva/minuto sized cigars within the major lines. If you are willing, list a couple that a BOTL might want to try one day and your reasons why. :thumbs:

Try the RyJ and Juan Lopez PCs.
Both are very good cigars with medium strength and very nice flavor. :thumbs:

punch royal selection #12...the best mareva nobody ever talks about.be prepared to wait a few years tho.

derrek :D

Have some Upmanns coming. Will let you know. Had one gifted from a friend around the table and loved it.

I like Fonsecas. They have been very tasty for a great price.

atuck said:
I like Fonsecas. They have been very tasty for a great price.
[snapback]202970[/snapback]​

I have really enjoyed the couple of Fonsecas that I have smoked as well. Very mild, but with great toasty/nutty flavors as a back-drop for a creamy smoke. I might have to think about these...hmmmmmm.

...any love out there for Monte #5's..?? Saw some on line and the review(s) were very complimentary...??

Regards - B.B.S.

hudsonvalley said:
Have some Upmanns coming. Will let you know. Had one gifted from a friend around the table and loved it.
[snapback]202365[/snapback]​

I'll second that. I had an Upmann last week and it was superb.

How about Punch Petite Coronas del Punch and HdM Short Hoyo Coronas and Hoyo du Prince. I'm particular to the flavors of the Petite Punch. Nice concentrated flavors of the Punch Punch cream/vanilla flavors. Draw is a little tight, but expected from the smaller ring gauge.

I'm partial to bigger ring gauges so my favorite is still the Partagas shorts.

I just got some Hoyo du Prince, qualifies as a petite corona more like the size of the Monte #4's. For me they are very nice smokes.

xraydoc1 said:
JL Patricias and Punch RS #12.
[snapback]209957[/snapback]​

Have not tried the JL Patricias. Are these a minuto? I have tried the JL petite corona, unfortunately the sample that I had was plugged. Got in a box of the Punch RS#12 (01 box code). Letting them rest before trying them.

Strayvector said:
How about Punch Petite Coronas del Punch and HdM Short Hoyo Coronas and Hoyo du Prince. I'm particular to the flavors of the Petite Punch. Nice concentrated flavors of the Punch Punch cream/vanilla flavors. Draw is a little tight, but expected from the smaller ring gauge.

I'm partial to bigger ring gauges so my favorite is still the Partagas shorts.
[snapback]209964[/snapback]​

Have not tried the Punch Petite Coronas del Punch...went for the RS#12 instead.

vewyphishy said:
SLR PCs are one of my top choices. Have a box of the RS12 coming in.
[snapback]210289[/snapback]​

Aren't the SLR PCs now out of circulation? I thought they were going to discontinue them. Anyway, one of the PCs on my "to try" list.

golfgar said:
I just got some Hoyo du Prince, qualifies as a petite corona more like the size of the Monte #4's. For me they are very nice smokes.
[snapback]210302[/snapback]​

I tried the HdM Short Hoyo Coronas...didn't do much for me. Not a bad cigar by any stretch of the imagination, but not distinguished like some others. How does the Hoyo du Prince (and the Hoyo series) differ?

MikeD said:
RyJ Cedros Deluxe No 3... often overlooked and very enjoyable
[snapback]210355[/snapback]​

I agree. I have a box of these from early 04 that is smoking great right now.