• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Help with electric bill

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
This unit may help you to reduce your electric costs. There are less expensive units on Amazon but this is the unit my electric company gave me to help me track down what I thought might be a problem.

You plug this unit in to any outlet, plug your device into the unit, and program your data; you will need your electric company to give you a rough cost per KWH (kilowatt hour). It will tell you how much it costs per hour, day, week, month, or year to operate. It will tell you in a few minutes what it costs to operate something that is running steadily 24 hours per day, it will take a few days to find the average cost of something that cycles, i.e. window A/C, fridge, etc.

NOTE: you will have to use some common sense to extrapolate when and how much you use an item. This may negate the process for some of you.🤣

I found a fan running in my basement which was costing $10/month and a fridge in my shed, which is on it's last leg, and costing $21/month. Along with a couple other minor issues, I think I reduced my bill by $30/month.

I think it's a big help to know what things cost to operate so you can choose how to use them.

Kill A Watt <<<<< link

This unit may help you to reduce your electric costs. There are less expensive units on Amazon but this is the unit my electric company gave me to help me track down what I thought might be a problem.

You plug this unit in to any outlet, plug your device into the unit, and program your data; you will need your electric company to give you a rough cost per KWH (kilowatt hour). It will tell you how much it costs per hour, day, week, month, or year to operate. It will tell you in a few minutes what it costs to operate something that is running steadily 24 hours per day, it will take a few days to find the average cost of something that cycles, i.e. window A/C, fridge, etc.

NOTE: you will have to use some common sense to extrapolate when and how much you use an item. This may negate the process for some of you.🤣

I found a fan running in my basement which was costing $10/month and a fridge in my shed, which is on it's last leg, and costing $21/month. Along with a couple other minor issues, I think I reduced my bill by $30/month.

I think it's a big help to know what things cost to operate so you can choose how to use them.

Kill A Watt <<<<< link
I should get one and watch it freak out when I turn on my 20,000 watt sub amp. Not a misprint. Twenty Thousand Watts.

Last edited:
I should get one and watch it freak out when I turn on my 20,000 watt sub amp. Not a misprint. Twenty Thousand Watts.
😁 Yes you should, it will tell you exactly how many watts it is drawing at any given instant.