• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

HdM Petite Robusto

cigardawg

I did a search, but found only one review of this cigar. Has anyone had these? Would like to try them, but would like some feedback on them first. Sounds like a shorter smoke...just what I am looking for at times. I am a big fan of the Epi No 2 and the DC, so thought I might like these.

What do you think??

cigardawg said:
I did a search, but found only one review of this cigar. Has anyone had these? Would like to try them, but would like some feedback on them first. Sounds like a shorter smoke...just what I am looking for at times. I am a big fan of the Epi No 2 and the DC, so thought I might like these.

What do you think??
[snapback]166294[/snapback]​

I just ordered some. I'll let you know.

M. Gipson

Thanks, bfreebern. That is a great site for reviews. Mostly good on this cigar. Might have to try some.

Not bad but far from great. Easily the spiciest Hdm I've had which I found interesting.

I have had some, 4 to be exact. Frankly I think they are pretty good. A liitle spicy as was mentioned before. I was sort of surprised that they were as good as they were since they have not sat in the humidor for very long. They were somewhat more mellow than expected and the finish was nice. I am considering ordering more.

The cigar was well rolled and even though it is short it lasted pretty long and the wrappers are well done. Even burn throughout. Gave one away to another BOTL who thoroughly enjoyed the smoke.

golfgar said:
I have had some, 4 to be exact. Frankly I think they are pretty good. A liitle spicy as was mentioned before. I was sort of surprised that they were as good as they were since they have not sat in the humidor for very long. They were somewhat more mellow than expected and the finish was nice. I am considering ordering more.

The cigar was well rolled and even though it is short it lasted pretty long and the wrappers are well done. Even burn throughout. Gave one away to another BOTL who thoroughly enjoyed the smoke.
[snapback]166356[/snapback]​

want to spare one for my review??? :) I have been looking to try one.

I am going to the cigar smoker at the club tonight, you know boxing matches, dinner, cigars and ring girls.....I think I'll take one of those little guys with me and send you one.

golfgar said:
I am going to the cigar smoker at the club tonight, you know boxing matches, dinner, cigars and ring girls.....I think I'll take one of those little guys with me and send you one.
[snapback]166372[/snapback]​

Cool I will get a treat out for you also!

Ok, had the Petite Robusto last night again. With fresher memory of the cigar one other note to make, it was a little less complex than I remebered the others being.

Will be smoking one of these little beauties this weekend. Can't wait...look absolutely delicious. Should have a review ready for Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the input, guys.

golfgar said:
Ok, had the Petite Robusto last night again. With fresher memory of the cigar one other note to make, it was a little less complex than I remebered the others being.
[snapback]166472[/snapback]​

That was my impression on this cigar. Nice smoke, but for the money, I've had better.

Gregor

OK, lit one of these stubby little cigars last night. The pre-light nose was mild, not as much earth and peet as I am accustomed to from ISOMs. The wrappers are medium-brown, few veins...very nice looking cigar. The pre-light draw was open, but not too open...just about right.

The petite robusto performed very well. It burned even throughout and stayed cool down to a nub. The smoke was thick, except for a brief period in the middle when it sort of thinned out (I think a bit of tunneling that self-corrected). The draw stayed easy...it was an absolute delight to smoke.

The taste started off simple. Good tobacco with a hint of earth and coffee. There was a youngness that will be improved with time in the humi. At the half-way point, it began to develop and had hints of nuts and spice...very subtle. On the back end, there was a bit of cedar. The finish was excellent and light, not leaving too much behind,but what was left was good.

All in all, a very good cigar that I think will improve with age. I don't plan on smoking another for 3-6 months...should really help. There's my 0.02...hope you enjoyed it.