• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Have a question about shipping methods

danarf1

I need some advice. If you were planning on placing an order and the shop said that they will ship but will remove the bands and ship naked in a plane box and then send the bands at a later date would you worry? The source has come recommended and has been used by other people who seem to know what they are talking about but...

I don’t have that much of an issue with shipping that way as much as I do about never getting the original box. Its part of the fun of ordering the sticks in the first place. Not to mention the display effect in the humi. Just wondering what some of you think on this and what you would do. MY main concern is to make sure the product is the real deal. If you want to know the vendors who I am speaking of PM me and Ill let you know and if you have had good experiences with them that could help me out.

Thanks and sorry if I am stepping over the line a little regarding posting any info or methods of sources. I am trying my best to adhere to the rules but really could use some info on this from you guys.

If you are in the USA I would not buy illegal cigars.
If you want to buy cigars that come baned and in box oreder from a different source. But remember you play you pay.! So be ready for any consequences.

alex

I am a big boy and understand this. I was looking for some actual advice to my question. I am well aware of what you are talking about as are the many people who are on this forum. I was really hoping what people thought about my question. I know there are lots of sources out there some legit some crooks. I have heard good things about the couple I am thinking about but just want to see what other people thought about recieving sticks in the box or not and if that woudl be an issue for them. This forum is packed with killer pics of guys humis packed with boxes of habanos and they are not all from out of the us. they got them somehow..... Like I said I am not trying to be disrespectful to the forum just wondering what guys thought about the box/band no box/band question.

I don't smoke the box or bands, so I could careless.

Know your vendor is the only advice needed.

I don't smoke the box or bands, so I could careless.

Know your vendor is the only advice needed.

Yeah I get the "know your source" thing but how does one get to know a source without asking for someone who has some experience with them? I can say for a fact that not everyone on here who buys sticks blindly found new sources from trial and error. As a fellow cigar fan I would think that you would understand why I would not want to do that and waste money or take extra risks. Just a long time lurker turned member of the board who is looking to some wiser more experienced fellas to help me out is all.

I feel sorta the way you do about not getting the box and bands spoiling the fun a little. I usually pay a little bit more to get them with the original box and to have guaranteed delivery. If you are sure about your source and have some experience with Habanos and could easily spot a fake I would say go ahead. But if you are entirely new to this I would prefer, if I was you, to get them in their original boxes. However that doesn't really make them too much less likely to be fake. It's much more exciting to get that first box of Cubans with the original box and Cuban seal. Hope that helps and I wouldn't consider your question to be all that controversial.

-mark

Thanks Mark. That is exactly what I was thinking about the fun of getting the box and all. I have gotten a lot of help from some of you and am very appreciative of all you guys and your knowledge! This site is the best one I have seen and am looking forward to getting to know you all a lot better. Any one else out there from the crazy state of Florida?

I apologize, I didn't see the part where it said PM you about the vendor.

Shoot me a PM, if you feel the need.

There are too many other good vendors out there that don't ship as you stated. If the vendor is who I think it is, their reputation has taken some hits over the last couple of months from a variety of issues. That being said, if you are only buying to smoke and they aren't necessarily rare or limited boxes, then to me its not a big deal.

However, he boxes and bands sure are pretty........ :blush: