• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann No.2

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I think I am going to light up an '02 H Upmann No.2 tonight I picked up in a recent pass. Has anybody had? What will I expect?

Ree

Hold on to your seat, you're in for a heck of a ride! :thumbs:

When I was searching the world for the allegedly discontinued makes/models...
the H Upmann #3, turned up absolutely 0 returns...my guess, Devin has the last of em :sign:

Shadow said:
Hold on to your seat, you're in for a heck of a ride! :thumbs:
[snapback]168536[/snapback]​

Sounds like I'm at Magic Mountain...I've got butterflies in my stomach. :rolleyes:

Ree

Glad to hear the good things about this cigar. I had one about 2 years ago...fresh out of the box. I remembered it being a good cigar, but nothing to write home about. I thought it was young. The same friend that gave me the first one gave me a couple more to age. Sounds like they are going to be great.

The 2002's I had were better than the Monte 2's at that time. Love the Upmanns.

WOW...glad to hear that they age well.... just came back fro HK and picked up 3 sticks of the Upmann No 2 from 1997....... HK is a great place to look for aged smokes......cant wait to try..... but dammed....2 of the 3 sticks I offered to my mates.... maybe time to retract that offer...wahahahaha

OK, for my first cigar after a 1 1/2 week forced hiatus (I've had a danged cold), I chose to smoke a H Upmann No. 2 from 02.

The wrapper on this thing was like silky chocolate, no veins and almost invisible seams. There was a little area where the wrapper had taken some damage, but it did not detract one bit from the cigar's appearance. The pre-light nose was mild, but had the earth of a cuban cigar. The pre-light draw was open and easy with only a small cut from the tip. I'm thinking this thing is just about perfect.

The cigar lit easily and proceeded to burn even and cool throughout. Even when it got to the damage part of the wrapper, it only burned uneven for a few puffs and then self-corrected. The draw stayed open, but not to the point where I was sucking air. In fact, it was one of the most pleasant draws I've had in a long time. The cigar produced absolute mouthfuls of thick, rich smoke. It hung in the still evening air like a fog...fabulous. It stayed cool to the very end and produced a white, firm ash that hung around for a while. Great construction.

The taste, man the taste. I had a couple of these a few years back and remembered them being fairly unique...now I know why. Fact is, this cigar tastes like no other that I can compare it to. It has a certain spice mixed with the wood and coffee, almost sweet, almost tart. Very difficult to place. At the mid-point, some earthiness came forward, but it still had the sweet/tart undertone. The complexity was great, with hints of everything from vanilla to chocolate to charred wood. It ended with enhanced earthiness and the tartness gave way to the sweet.

All in all a fantastic smoke and a great way to break my fast. I give this cigar an A+

I just received one of these and can't wait to light it up in Vegas Its an 01 or 02 don't remember.

That sounds amazing. The last Upmann I had was years ago, back when I couldn't appreciate the taste of a decent cigar. ???

Jeff B. said:
That sounds amazing. The last Upmann I had was years ago, back when I couldn't appreciate the taste of a decent cigar. ???
[snapback]176187[/snapback]​

Ditto.....although still not a big fan of upmanns.......we will see next time i get a chance to visit a shop.

This thread reminded me I had a couple H. Upmann Coronas minor... (they are 4.5" long). I lit one up tonight, and found it very earthy tasting, with wood flavors. Not a bad cigar at all. Think it was an '02 or '03.