• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Magnum 46

seadub

advertise here
WOW! :love:

What a fantastic smoke. Gorgeous light brown, smooth wrapper. Firm and dense all the way through. Pre-light draw was very easy, almost too easy. Aroma was tobacco, leather and a hint of spice. I really enjoy cigars this size, corona gorda. And I had some time to spend so it was me, the hot sun and a Mag 46. This sample was from May '05 production.

The first few draws were nice and spicy. Then the smoke settled into a delicious creaminess all the way to the nub. The tastes were a leather, tobacco, and cream combination that was fantastic. Ash was a nice gray and solid and held for the first third, then fell. The burn was sharp, although my smoke decided to go out half way through for some reason. Re-light was no big deal. I'm having a difficult time describing this smoke for some reason... this mellow, creamy taste is still present, not only incredible, but incredibly distracting while I try to write about it... maybe that says it all.

I'm a little heady from this one. And a lot happy. Definitely worth a try if you haven't tried one yet. A first-class smoke! :D

Wow lucky you. This is one of my favorite cihars from the H.Upmann brand.

That was a good review.
The Mag 46 was my first ISOM and I have been head over heels ever since. Amd for the price, I will never understand why i don't have a box sitting in the humi. Thanks for the reminder!

n

One of my favorite so far. You can't go wrong with this H. Upmann. :love:

That's good to know that the May 2005's are smoking well right now. I just got a box a few weeks ago from the same date. I have been letting them rest but now I think I will crack one open.

I guess I am one of the few who does not care for this cigar. I prefer the Upmann Super Corona all day of the Mag. Another thing about this cigar that sucks is the price. They are priced higher than any other corona gorda except the Siglo IV. Again we have another cigar ( like the PLPC) that has had it's price affected by all of the talk on cigar sites like this. They used to be priced in line with cg's like the Punch SS 2, PP, Hoyo Epi 1, now they are 90-100 dollars higher per cab of 50.

They sure are great I just finished one :rolleyes:

I've had a few from a box of May 05 and mine are definately not ready. The first half is great then at midpoint they taste green and wet, burn poorly and so on..really weird, this sick period stuff.

The Master said:
I guess I am one of the few who does not care for this cigar. I prefer the Upmann Super Corona all day of the Mag. Another thing about this cigar that sucks is the price. They are priced higher than any other corona gorda except the Siglo IV. Again we have another cigar ( like the PLPC) that has had it's price affected by all of the talk on cigar sites like this. They used to be priced in line with cg's like the Punch SS 2, PP, Hoyo Epi 1, now they are 90-100 dollars higher per cab of 50.
[snapback]287691[/snapback]​

Weren't the super coronas discontiued? ??? I smoked an 01 a month ago and enjoyed it. The 5-10 Mag 46s I've had weren't that great.

I pulled out a bandless cigar from the humi the other day that was just awesome! It was the same size as the Mag 46 and I thought maybe that's what it was but this was a very different smoke with a complexity and flavor that was far beyond any Mag 46 I have ever had, and I like the Mag 46!. Now to try and find what cigar it was ???

:cool:

NorCalCigarLover said:
I pulled out a bandless cigar from the humi the other day that was just awesome! It was the same size as the Mag 46 and I thought maybe that's what it was but this was a very different smoke with a complexity and flavor that was far beyond any Mag 46 I have ever had, and I like the Mag 46!. Now to try and find what cigar it was ???

[snapback]294312[/snapback]​

Corons Gordas 5 5/8 X 46

Cohíba Siglo IV
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1
H Upmann Magnum 46
Juan López Selección No.1
Montecristo Montecristo C
Punch Punch Punch
Punch Royal Select. No.11
Rafael González Coronas Extra
Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.3
Saint Luis Rey Serie A

MilesMingusMonk said:
NorCalCigarLover said:
I pulled out a bandless cigar from the humi the other day that was just awesome! It was the same size as the Mag 46 and I thought maybe that's what it was but this was a very different smoke with a complexity and flavor that was far beyond any Mag 46 I have ever had, and I like the Mag 46!. Now to try and find what cigar it was  ???

[snapback]294312[/snapback]​

Corons Gordas 5 5/8 X 46

Cohíba Siglo IV
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1
H Upmann Magnum 46
Juan López Selección No.1
Montecristo Montecristo C
Punch Punch Punch
Punch Royal Select. No.11
Rafael González Coronas Extra
Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.3
Saint Luis Rey Serie A
[snapback]294321[/snapback]​

I'm thinking it may have been the H. Upmann Epicure No. 1 but the one's in bold are my possibilites. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the ones in red.

My guess would be the Juan Lopez No. 1.

My guess would be the Juan Lopez No. 1.

I picked up the SLR, now I need to get a HdM and JL to try before I commit to an order. I can't wait to try the SLR, just giving it a little resting time first.

As much as I love the Upmann line this is one I just don't care for that much. Smoked a few of them and they just don't do it for me.