• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Mag 50 EL 2005

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
Does any one know off hand what the production run of these was? They have dissappeared and I see that a regular issue of these is scheduled for 2008.

The production of these seemed much shorter than most EL production runs which are usually 12 months give or take. The Mag 50s that I have, have a spread of 6 months. I do not believe they were around for much longer than that. Note that the April 05 box was a very early release. Usually most ELs are release mid year or later sometimes.

ECA April 05

KLA Oct 05

Bob

Bob thanks for the info. I have been unable to get any type of production number from the Habanos SA website in either the english or spanish version. I wonder if the new release will be similar in blend and taste?

...I wonder if the new release will be similar in blend and taste?

One can only hope. I see that they are planning on doing the same with the HDM Epicure Especiales and if they are the same blend, then I'm all over them like white on rice...well...unless its brown rice, then not so much.

The only thing that concerns me is then the EL marque is not what it should be.

These have been smoking better than the '03's (IMO). I'll have to revisit these smokes!

G....ahhh, never mind!

When fresh this was an excellent cigar and now has started to show some real promise. It is a shame that their apperance was so brief.

...I wonder if the new release will be similar in blend and taste?

One can only hope. I see that they are planning on doing the same with the HDM Epicure Especiales and if they are the same blend, then I'm all over them like white on rice...well...unless its brown rice, then not so much.

Well, obviously it won't have the aged wrapper to it. That would effect the cigar somewhat.

I had the one that Sam put in my pass a couple of nights ago and it was very, very good. I just wish they weren't going for so damn much right now otherwise I'd buy a box.

Does any one know off hand what the production run of these was? They have dissappeared and I see that a regular issue of these is scheduled for 2008.

I believe the 2008 is just a proposed release and has not been confirmed yet?

I've seen info on three different sites about a master list confirming their release. The Partagas Salamones are going to be a regular release as well.

I've seen info on three different sites about a master list confirming their release. The Partagas Salamones are going to be a regular release as well.

Thanks for the info, I stand corrected.

it seems to me that these so-called limited editions are re-released with astonishing frequency.......t

I am down to my last one. I wish I jumped on a box (or three) of these when I had the chance. :(