• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Guantanamera Cristales

Lemon

The Guantanamera Cristales was part of the very first bunch of cigars I bought (terribly overpriced at the store). I now ordered a box of these together with a buddy of mine, and I smoked one to see what I would think of it now. I'd be happy to hear comments from those who have smoked these.

The box is the standard ISOM box: not much to look at, but it keeps the sticks out of harms way ;) The cigars all come individually protected by plastic tubos. This could give the impression of them being dogrockets, but I think it's handy. Easy to take with you. Plus they're pre-clipped (or rolled so that the head is open). It lit up well, had some burning problems at the start, but paying some attention to it from there on kept it burning evenly. The first third of the cigar was very mild, but after that it got a bit stronger. This is no doubt a lightbodied cigar with perhaps a medium strength flavor. The flavor I mainly tasted was that of mocha and the basic Cuban taste (cedar?). I would compare it to another cheap ISOM, JL Piedra, except the Guantanamera had a milder and more versatile flavor. The Piedra is pretty straight forward, and by that I mean it doesn't have many different flavors to perceive. Another ISOM in the same price-class, Quintero Brevas, is totally different. Much more spicier.
A small problem with the pre-clipped head was that if I didn't keep it dry, it easily got squashed between my lips! Just a heads up for those who might try one of these.

All in all, for this price, the Guantanamera Cristales is a great deal :thumbs:

Of course, seeing how I got a box of RASS in the same order, the Guantanamera was a side-attraction... :whistling:

I actually have a few of the Guantanamera Compays and Puritos. I think they are great value cigars. Mild on the strangth side but with a decent enough flavor. Can't have it after a steak dinner mind you, but definitely worth a smoke in the morning or in the afternoon. The purito is a great coffee break cigar.

This was the first cuban I ever smoked :( . A buddy gave it to me. It almost turned me off to the whole cuban cigar idea until I found out it was just a cheapie. My next choice was the PSD4 :D . Sure am glad I gave cubans a second chance :love: ! I have since tried the JLPs and the Quinteros and find them to be much better quality than the Guantanameras. But then I do happen to like fuller bodied smokes.

No way atuck, cigars aren't about individual taste and opinion :sign: The PSD4 kicks some serious butt, but I like the spicier RASS more :love:

There is nothing wrong with this cigar. It is in the lower end for sure, and looks machine rolled. The tobacco is 100% Cuban, and has the flavor, unfortunately, not enough spice or complexity for me. I would rather invest in one single Cohiba, than a fiver of these. To each is their own, if you like em, smoke em!

Ed

Lemon said:
No way atuck, cigars aren't about individual taste and opinion :sign: The PSD4 kicks some serious butt, but I like the spicier RASS more :love:
[snapback]193464[/snapback]​

I'm dyin' to try the RASS but everybody is sold out. Got a trade coming with some though. Can't wait to try it. And I was just explaining MY experince with the guantanamera, not saying that everyone will have that same experience. After all, you DID ask for the comments of those that have smoked them and I fit that bill. Sorry I seemed to upset you. Just trying to be helpful is all.

No you got me wrong atuck :D Without tone of voice and facial expressions I guess sarcasm can sometimes be hard to pick up on forums :whistling: Basically what I meant was: it's a matter of taste, not something absolute ;) Your opinion about Guantanameras matters as much as mine! :thumbs:

Lemon said:
No you got me wrong atuck :D Without tone of voice and facial expressions I guess sarcasm can sometimes be hard to pick up on forums :whistling: Basically what I meant was: it's a matter of taste, not something absolute ;) Your opinion about Guantanameras matters as much as mine! :thumbs:
[snapback]193816[/snapback]​

:blush: oops! Thanks for clearing that up :thumbs: . Sorry I took you wrong :whistling: . I guess I'm just so used to people busting my balls on these forums :( . Still can't wait to try this RASS :p that you say Rocks so much. I think I am going to make some calls tomorrow to see about when they will be back in stock or just pay a premium for a box from somewher that has them ;) .

Great post I was considering getting a box and giving them to my girlfriend!! Hopefully it will keep here away from my cohiba's. Nothing worse than comming home and realizing she gave out 3 cohibas to here friends to try out :angry2: What's even worse is 2 of them didn't even smoke half of the cigars before they put them out!! Since then I've had to re-arrange the humi by ones she can and can't smoke! So it would be a nice gesture to get her a nice MILD cigar for her and her friends and this likes like just the answer!

:whistling: