• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

FAKES!

drew_goring

Big Bad Mother F*cker!
Hello.

I have a couple of pics here, and I am wondering if anybody would be willing to point out the obvious as well as the not-so obvious details that make these cigars fake.
FYI these cigars are not mine :p

Thanks

cuban4.jpg

cuban3.jpg

cuban2.jpg

cuban1.jpg

Hmm, tough to tell from those pics. The warranty seal looks wrong and the bands on the MC #4 look off. Also don't the Cohibas have a box within a box ? I'd have to see close ups for more details.

It's hard to tell much of anything from those photos, Drew. About the only thing I can comment on with any degree of certainty is that the warranty seal appears to be the wrong color.

BTW, those Monte 4 look pretty round. Shouldn't they have a pronounced box press?

Why are the Habanos sticker and warranty seal so stiff and straight?

Wilkey

It's hard to tell much of anything from those photos, Drew. About the only thing I can comment on with any degree of certainty is that the warranty seal appears to be the wrong color.

BTW, those Monte 4 look pretty round. Shouldn't they have a pronounced box press?

Why are the Habanos sticker and warranty seal so stiff and straight?

Wilkey

Yeah, Apparently the seal came inside the box. That was what tipped me off. And the boxes have nothing stamped on the bottom ???

Sorry for the poor pictures, again, I did not take them. Just wondering if anyone could point out any more less-obvious flaws.

Apparently he got them at the end of a tour that he had at a factory :whistling: lol. Now he is trying to sell them at Canadian prices.

Thanks for the help guys :thumbs:

drew

dont need close up or better focus.

habanos sticker and warranty seal are not affixed to the box.

i have NEVER seen this with a genuine box of cigars EVER.

the ones you see for sale "on the beach" in cuba come like this fairly often. this is a SURE sign that they are "beach" cigars.

doesnt happen with internet sales(as far as i know)very often...but fairly widespread in cuba.

derrek :)

drew

dont need close up or better focus.

habanos sticker and warranty seal are not affixed to the box.

i have NEVER seen this with a genuine box of cigars EVER.

the ones you see for sale "on the beach" in cuba come like this fairly often. this is a SURE sign that they are "beach" cigars.

doesnt happen with internet sales(as far as i know)very often...but fairly widespread in cuba.

derrek :)

Thanks. Yes, that was the first thing that tipped me off that they were fakes. I was sure that they were fakes even before he sent me the pics, but I just wanted to see if anyone else could pick up something else.

I notice that you are from Edson. Small world :p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I see. This is the first dressed box presentation I've seen that's referred to a "Cabinet Selection." ;)

Wilkey

I dug out a 10 count box of MC #4. You can use it for comparison, sorry my digital camera sucks !!

MC4001.jpg

MC4002.jpg

MC4003.jpg

MC4004.jpg

I have an older 25-box of Monte5 and it lacks the "Cabinet Selection" text at the top.

But I'll be darned if newer boxes don't indeed have that text at the top. So, my observation is invalid.

Wilkey