• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake VR Unicos

mmburtch

Sleep deprived and cranky
I got gifted a fake today.

Too Short. too fat, smelled like crap, looked like crap, came from Mexico.

The band however was very good. Other than the gold not being glossy enough and I don't believe it was embossed (hard to tell as it was obviously unbanded for the inbound journey based on the fold lines), the printing could have passed muster.

Heads up out there

Of all the cigars to fake, this offends me the most somehow. Still, I didn't think the Unicos was popular enough to warrant forging?

Perhaps that was the attraction? Forge a lesser known cigar so more people can get fooled.

Of all the cigars to fake, this offends me the most somehow. Still, I didn't think the Unicos was popular enough to warrant forging?

Perhaps that was the attraction? Forge a lesser known cigar so more people can get fooled.

x2

What unsuspecting tourist goes abroad and says, "You know, I could really go for a taste of the forbidden fruit. I've heard all about Montecristo, Partagas, and Cohiba, and I've even remember there being a Hoyo de Something or Other. But, I think that a Vegas Robaina is the cigar for me!"

:sign:

Sorry you got gifted a counterfeit.

If you haven't before, take a look at that site where there guy is selling all of the packaging materials...he's even got Quintero bands.

You never know what people will fake, or which fakes people will buy. :(

Sorry you got gifted a counterfeit.

If you haven't before, take a look at that site where there guy is selling all of the packaging materials...he's even got Quintero bands.

You never know what people will fake, or which fakes people will buy. :(
....Quintero and JEP's. Why someone would fake a $1.80 cigar is beyond me...

The band could have been real and placed on the fake (that's whyit looks good and has a fold?).

How did it smoke?

:laugh:

The band could have been real and placed on the fake (that's whyit looks good and has a fold?).

How did it smoke?

:laugh:
It smells so bad, I'm afraid to light it. Maybe I can get Bruce to smoke it for me :D