• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Tubos?

mcoupe

Was telling my neighbor that my humidor was full so he offered me his as he doesn't smoke anymore. Brought it over and there were a few tubos in them.

They are pretty dry as the humidor was left to dry out. Just wondering if I should spend the time and try and bring them back - after all they were free.

I'm no ISOM expert but this Cohiba 35 Aniversario doesn't look right as I've never seen one in a tube and with this kind of label.

Can anyone shed some light on these? Thanks.

tubos.jpg

The Cohiba is fake. They all appear to be churchills and while it is almost impossible to tell from the photos you've posted, I would say the others are fakes by association.

I would be very interested in these specimens but especially the Cohiba as that is the first I have seen of that cigar counterfeited in tubos form. Please let me know if I can take them off your hands in trade of for cash.

Wilkey

The RyJ Churchill Tubo doesn't look right either, at least compared to recent production tubos I've seen. The curvature on the end of aluminum is not the correct shape/angle.

From what I can see on the band of the Cohiba, it looks as though the A in aniversay is pointing straight up. If thats the case it is fake. Check out the letter spacing on the band I bet you will find it not spaced correctly. We had a bunch of those come through Louisville a few months back. Only difference was the heads on the ones here were gold yours is black. I smoked a few of them and they were okay...

What Wilkey said. 35th is fake as can be... others probably are too, by association...

I've spoken with mcoupe and he's graciously decided to donate the specimen(s) to aid our studies of counterfeiting. I have genuine samples to do a comparison with...except for the spectacular Fauxhiba tubos. :thumbs:

A, I'm hoping to start getting content over to Vitolas.net during this winter break.

Wilkey

Good Morning Gents

Well The Cohiba is an obvious fake, these tubos were never made also the number of white boxes should have a stack height of 4 ( Real 30th cohiba have 4) as you can see there are many more than that. Moving on to Punch.....Punch Churchills have a brown band not the red punch band as shown. It is how ever possible that a mis banding occurred but given the other obvious fakes its not likely.....The Radius on all the tubos shown are too short meaning the curvature is too shallow..........Ok now the RJC Tubos is rather highy polished...Real ones have a matt finish.... also the color of the band should be a bronze color on the alum tube....All Fakes.........Hope this helps

Good Morning Gents

Well The Cohiba is an obvious fake, these tubos were never made also the number of white boxes should have a stack height of 4 ( Real 30th cohiba have 4) as you can see there are many more than that. Moving on to Punch.....Punch Churchills have a brown band not the red punch band as shown. It is how ever possible that a mis banding occurred but given the other obvious fakes its not likely.....The Radius on all the tubos shown are too short meaning the curvature is too shallow..........Ok now the RJC Tubos is rather highy polished...Real ones have a matt finish.... also the color of the band should be a bronze color on the alum tube....All Fakes.........Hope this helps
opps sorry guys the cohibas shown are 35th..........Still fakes........never made

One other clarification......Only the punch tubos has the brown cigar band ......Regular Punch Churchills other than tubos have the traditional red band

One other clarification......Only the punch tubos has the brown cigar band ......Regular Punch Churchills other than tubos have the traditional red band
Thanks for this great information. The info on the Punch tubos is right on target.

Interesting observation about the radius of the ends. They resemble more tubos used for various NC cigars. The tube ends should be much more rounded with no clear shoulder between tube and the curve. In other words, a smoothly blended transition from tube to end.

Wilkey

I've spoken with mcoupe and he's graciously decided to donate the specimen(s) to aid our studies of counterfeiting. I have genuine samples to do a comparison with...except for the spectacular Fauxhiba tubos. :thumbs:

A, I'm hoping to start getting content over to Vitolas.net during this winter break.

Wilkey

wooohoooo :)

You know it. I think that there's an opportunity here. With the CigarNexus site no longer updating and the CA site being as confusing as it is helpful, a critical look at Fugazi-Land is greatly needed.

Wilkey

As noted, I will be forwarded these on to Wilkey for analysis but here are a couple of more pics. The tube shape all look pretty similar with just different writing on them. The color reproduction looks terrible - very muted.

The cigars are dry and cracking a bit from not being humified in a while so it's hard to tell condition.

tubos2.jpg

tubos3.jpg

See the misalignment between the A and the N on the cohiba band, the 40th fakes look the exact same. The A points strainght up and the N is almost 90 degress off