• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fake Cohiba

Smithers

So I have read the recent post regarding fake Cohiba's and it got me to wondering.

You see I have a single ISOM Cohiba in my humi that my bother in law gave me about a year ago and I have been saving it for a special occasion (like the birth of my next child). Having never tried a Cohiba I didn't even consider that it might not be anything but real.

After seeing all these posts about fakes I wanted to check my treasured stick. So I took it out and gave it a good look and compared it to the pics recently posted, and well the prognosis is not good. The band has four rows of white dots and the print it not very good. Clearly a fake. :(

So I guess I will tell my bro-in-law he got ripped..

Live in learn I guess.

At least now I know what to look for..

Are you able to post pictures? If not, if you can take them, you can email them to me and I will share with the board.

I'll snap a few pics and try to post them (have to learn how sometime)..

Ginseng said:
Are you able to post pictures? If not, if you can take them, you can email them to me and I will share with the board.
[snapback]270230[/snapback]​

Okay first try at pictures..

First off I just took these and quickly tried to edit it using the only thing I have (MSPaint), and as for hosting well, hopefully this works.

Sorry bubba...that's a real live ugly stick you have there, not a Cohiba.

I don't think you can tell from the pictures. The only REAL way to tell is to smoke it.

Lemme see if I can spare a real one for you (a Siglo IV)....

Hi Smithers,

What you have is a Cohiba with old style band. The ones you see in the recent posts are new style band, which is introduced by Cohiba several years back. Old style has 4 rows of dots, new one has 5 rows.

I really couldn't make any conclusion from the picture you posted, just not clear enough.

If your is real. Congratulation, you have an aged Cohiba.

Gaman said:
I really couldn't make any conclusion from the picture you posted, just not clear enough.

[snapback]270276[/snapback]​

I gave is a good long second look, and the only additional things I can describe about it are that the band seems to have little perferation tags on the top and bottom like it was removed from a stip of bands. Also the H in Havana is not full (it has a few breaks in the print). I had to look pretty hard to see these things.. So I don't know. Called my Bro-in-law and he said that he had it for a year or so before he gave it to me, but he couldn't remember where it cam from, and that it was the only one he had.

Edit to fix my poor grammer.

coventrycat86 said:
I don't think you can tell from the pictures. The only REAL way to tell is to smoke it.

Lemme see if I can spare a real one for you (a Siglo IV)....
[snapback]270275[/snapback]​

CC you are the best, PM me with what non-isom you like and I will send some in return.

It seems fake Cohibas are the cigar of choice recently. I feel your pain buddy!