• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Factory code help

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
GEP JUN 03

FOD JUL 03(Revisado Abr/05)

I requested box codes from a vendor and can't seem to find either of these factory codes. Anyone? Preference?

Also, the Revisado Abr/05 somewhat confuses me. Anyone have a clue as to why Revised April 05 would be stated next to the FOD Jul 03 code?

I see the GEP JUN03 code for Upmann Monarchs A/T and the FOD JUL03 code for SLR Serie A. Revisado just means it was reinspected on that date in Cuba prior to shipment to distributors.

Wilkey

Both are for SLR lonsdales. I'm looking for any info as to possible quality difference between the two factories. Do we know what factories these are?

Interesting on the revisado. So are you saying the FOD JUL 03 box code with the revisado 4/05 was actually produced in July of 03 and stored at the factory for almost 2 years before being reinspected and shipped 4/05?

Interesting on the revisado. So are you saying the FOD JUL 03 box code with the revisado 4/05 was actually produced in July of 03 and stored at the factory for almost 2 years before being reinspected and shipped 4/05?

Basically - although it may have been shipped later.

Both are for SLR lonsdales. I'm looking for any info as to possible quality difference between the two factories. Do we know what factories these are?

'02 or newer I doubt you'll see any difference in quality between factories and the blends should be the same. As for the REVISADO, they could have been at the factory and then inspected and re-tagged, or they could have been returned to the factory from a distributor or from a La Casa because of quality concerns or slow sales and the re-inspected and shipped to another distributor/La Casa.

I don't believe that anyone really knows which factory codes correspond to which factories. At least post 2003 and for everything aside from El Laguito.

Wilkey

Thanks guys, I ordered a box of each and we'll see if there is any noticable difference.

Had a few people contact me about a possible group buy on these. I may do one after evaluating the two boxes coming. If either (or both) of the boxes ordered are respectable I will be placing another personal order and would be glad to add to it for a GB at that time.