• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Evaluations on bundles needed.

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need your opinion.

I would appreciate your assistance in my search for a good, inexpensive, go-to, “it is something I can show the wife that ‘see, I am not spending THAT much money!” – type of cigar.

I am thinking bundles here. In front of me is a Famous catalog and I see I have lots of choices. Anyone have any experiences with these bundles (or bundles from any company) … and care to share opinions?

What I am looking for:

Mild to Medium
5½ to 6½ X 48 to 50
25 for (up to) $50

Again, I thank you for your support. :blush:

-C&G

“That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.” Henry David Thoreau

A lot of guys think Consuegra Bundles are the stuff. I've had a few and they didn't really blow my shoes off, but they were "OK". I'll bet there are a few guys around that'd hook you up with a few to try.... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

If you are a RP fan, try the "Edge" off color, from Holtz, they run from 45-55 depending on the vitola. I will say that I have never tried them, but have been thinking about it for a while. It is a full strenght smoke according to the cataloge.

Tim

Can't seem to go wrong with the RP Sungrown - Factory Selects. I have a bundle in PC and Robusto sizes and find myself reaching for them often. My experience has been that the Robusto is a bit smoother... but the PC is a great smoke if you only have 45 mins.

Also, you might want to consider Tatuaje Serie P. They are mixed filler (40% long, 60% medium) and have been talked about quite a bit here lately. I just ordered a box (well actually place the order and am waiting for them to get inventory) of the P2's from Atlantic cigars ($70 for 31 smokes). The too are tasty... a bit inconsistent at times, but the price is right. Gotta love Pepin tobacco!

mac

Saxjazzmand and company did a bunch of reviews on low cost/budget cigars a while back. Do a little search and you should be able to find them.

Do these really taste like Padron Anniversary? I notice they market them as an "alternative" to PA. Just curious.

Also, you should check out the "introduce yourself" thread and introduce yourself. That way we can all get to know one and other. ;)

Actually I introduced myself a couple of days ago, mon ami, and I thank you for your advice... :thumbs:

Do these really taste like Padron Anniversary? I notice they market them as an "alternative" to PA. Just curious.

Also, you should check out the "introduce yourself" thread and introduce yourself. That way we can all get to know one and other. ;)

Actually I introduced myself a couple of days ago, mon ami, and I thank you for your advice... :thumbs:
I think Mr.Mac was referring to Maierar about the introduce yourself part.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I need your opinion. [sic]
I am thinking bundles here. [sic]

-C&G

“That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.” Henry David Thoreau

All...thank you very much for your suggestions. I couldn't decide so I just got three bundles:

Flor de Ybor City Shadegrown No. 85
Tampa Sweetheart Maduro No. 85
Tampa Sweetheart Natural No. 85

I'm feeling kinda "Eightyfivish" today.

Now...if I can just figure out what to do with them when they arrive. As I will not be here for two weeks. (I is hittin' the road - Colorado Springs then Pearl Harbor.) ...I suppose I could set up a temporary mini-cooladore? Have my LW stick them in there with a wet sponge? Ya think?

Thanks for all your input...

-C&G

I'm partial to the GR Specials Red label. They are great if you like the Gran Habano lines.

Billy