• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edmondo Dantes

Charley

The Coolest Guy You Know
I recieved an e-mail from about these. Does anyone know what brand they are? anyone ever tried one. The e-mail did not list a price.

untitled23b.sized.jpg

untitled24b.sized.jpg

edited to remove source

I recieved an e-mail from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx about these. Does anyone know what brand they are? anyone ever tried one. The e-mail did not list a price.

I'd suggest you may want to take this to some PM's first..or at least edit out a source.

edit - PM sent

They are supposedly a Montecristo, but due to the fact that name is copyrighted in Mexico to another company, HSA could not use it. I read that they taste like a cross b/w a Monte and H.U. Sounds like a good smoke, but who knows :rolleyes:

They are only for Mexico and only 600 boxes (I think) are being produced. Very, very pricey!

They are supposedly a Montecristo, but due to the fact that name is copyrighted in Mexico to another company, HSA could not use it. I read that they taste like a cross b/w a Monte and H.U. Sounds like a good smoke, but who knows :rolleyes:

They are only for Mexico and only 600 boxes (I think) are being produced. Very, very pricey!

Ditto! Basically Charley these are regional release but for the Mexico market. I should be heading down south real soon, and I plan on doing some reconn... :D

I could maybe swing a fiver if anyone wants to share...?

Almost as much as some that get rolled in TJ by a special person :whistling:

I could be off, but I thought I heard that a box runs like $600-700.

F%#$ that! Sorry folks, but no way no how for me. Habanos is re-releasing too many limited cigars as part of their regular production this year and next year for me to spend my time & money running my ass all over creation just to be the first kid on the block to own a 'limited' box of Dantes.

F%#$ that! Sorry folks, but no way no how for me. Habanos is re-releasing too many limited cigars as part of their regular production this year and next year for me to spend my time & money running my ass all over creation just to be the first kid on the block to own a 'limited' box of Dantes.

Ya, that's a bit steep concidering I can get 3-4 boxes of other brands for that price(depending on vitola).

While I agree with what you're saying, the notion of having an OR box of a new brand (or maybe pseudobrand in this case) is calling to me more than I thought it would. :whistling:

I have been singulary un-impressed by both the edmundo and its little brother the petit edmundo ...i shall be sticking with PSD4 or RASS

They are still very wet. I had one with a cracked foot, so I thought I'd smoke it.

Quite medium bodied with very promising nuances of the Monte flavor profile. The final third became extremely boring and mute, then fairly acrid so I put it down. A couple of months of drying out to 60-65% are absolutely in order.

This thing - this whole cigar smoking experience thing - is so subjective and wonderful.

I happen to have smoked one of these last night, and other than the acknowledgment that time will help these and agreement on medium bodied, my experience was very different than BobbyRitz's.

Much more Upmann than Monte.
First two thirds were kind of ho hum, with a couple of terrific moments in the final third.

To the bottom of the 'dor for a long time they go.