• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Duty Free Smokes

theorangeman

Well, since lately I've had to be reminded that I'm very much still a noob here and will be for a long time (which I've come to understand is aok), I thought that I'd take advantage of my new founded enlightenment by asking what perhaps might be a noob question. :rolleyes:

When I was on my honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas last summer, I picked up some H.Upmann smokes from a duty free shop at the airport. After hearing about all the fakes that are sold in Mexico, it got me thinking, how sure can I be that the smokes I got from the airport are the real deal?

Since I'm very new to the world of ISOM's, and I don't really have anything to compare the smokes to, I'm just curious. Is it a pretty safe bet that the smokes purchased from the duty free shop are legit? I didn't spend all that much money, and only have a couple left, so it isn't that big of deal but I'm still wondering at any rate.

They are likely real but the only place you can be sure is from an official LCDH store, which I don't think duty free shops are. I wouldn't worry too much about it but I would be a little reluctant to put them in a pass or trade them since you are not 100% sure of their authenticity.

Well I just had one of these tonight (smoked to the nub), and it was VERY tasty. :thumbs:

I remember having a few when I got home after our trip and thought they were good, but nothing special. However tonight (with about 7 months of age on them) was the first time that I was really impressed. I only have one more of these, which I'll keep for myself, and the other ISOM's I've bought recently have come from very reputable sources.

I look forward to trying some of the Punch Punch that I ordered, but after this experience (in terms of aging), I'll let them sit a while before trying. :)

I never try DFS except I really wanna smoke and I cannot get anywhere else. You know Duty Free shop means duty free, not profit free. I always see we cannot enjoy just a little price advantage and suffer from bad storage. If you are a newbie, go ahead to the official store, the people there may give you some introductions and you may pick some for trial, this would be most secure.

Regards
DC

I never try DFS except I really wanna smoke and I cannot get anywhere else. You know Duty Free shop means duty free, not profit free. I always see we cannot enjoy just a little price advantage and suffer from bad storage. If you are a newbie, go ahead to the official store, the people there may give you some introductions and you may pick some for trial, this would be most secure.

Regards
DC

Nah, this was just a one time deal. I was on my honeymoon and since I had never had any ISOM's before, I thought I'd try some. Now that I'm back home, I do my purchasing elsewhere ;)

I was just curious as to whether duty free is legit, not whether they have good prices. :)

Great! Hope you will have honeymoon with your ISOM too. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask or share with us.......Enjoy!!!