• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dip #2

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
Yesterday at our weekly C'ville herf, I lit up this cigar....here are my thought.

Diplomaticos #2 (FEB 05).

Having just celebrated the much anticipated 6 month birthday of these guys, I decided to give one a try; my first.

The cigar was a little soft to the touch, but the light brown wrapper was very nice. A few minor flaws; nothing to write home about. The draw was smooth and perfect.

My first impressions after lighting were a mellow cedar. The cigar produced a fair amount of smoke and had a nice, tight off-grey ash. The burn was fair; a few minor corrections were required. After a bit, the strength picked up a bit, but never passed that of a true medium bodied smoke. The flavor gradually drifted towards more earthy and burnt wood undertones. It stayed smooth and easy all the way to the end; I smoked it until my fingertips.

Overall, I found this to be a wonderful and well-balanced cigar. I am looking forward to seeing what further age will do to these.

Patrick

Very nice review, Patrick. :thumbs: You are way out ahead of me on a lot of these smokes. I've got some catching up to do. Can't wait to try these. The Dip #2 is one of my favorite Habanos.

cigardawg said:
I've got some catching up to do.
[snapback]211814[/snapback]​

See, the problem is that you simply don't smoke enough! :laugh:

Enjoyed reading your review and agree with your conclusions. The Diplo line again shows that a cigar does not have to be a nicotine bomb, knock you down, and turn you green experience in order to deliver excellent taste and enjoyment...and these represent an excellent bang for the buck over their better known No. 2 competition. :thumbs:

The thing I like about the diplos is that you can usually find them with 3+ years of age, versus the montes.

JK

One of my favorite figurados. Have a partial box of '01s that are really starting to taste great.

I agree with Mcgoo, my 01's have come around very nicely and are smoking quite well. The nose is medium strength and the flavors develop into a woody, caramel sweetness.

CVM, have you smoked any with at least 4 years of age? They really are a great smoke.