• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

D.R. Cohiba

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Is it safe to believe that if the internet retailer, when dealing with Cohiba Cigars, does not list the country of origin of the filler and binders and such, that it falls into the don't ask don't tell category?

I am looking to try the DR Cohiba, other than the Black, is there a different line that I should look for.

THX
MX

I'm so confused, the internet dealer is gay?

anyway, if the site doesn't list where something's from or give a picture, assume it's bogus no matter what you're expecting and be happy to receive something at all and not have your cards run up and your id stolen.

If you want DR cohiba's, why post in the cuba forum?

And there are a few DR cohiba's. Black, Xtra Vigoroso, White label OG, and then there's the DR Cohiba's that have knockoff cuban bands, which could be anything.

The few I've tried, non cuban that is, are all... just ehh bleh. Some have even had a metallic taste.

I'd try a few singles before commiting to a box.

Since you're in Iraq, why don't you go find some possible fake real cubans over possible fake fake cubans? And then put your money saved towards some dinar, a nice lottery ticket.

The retailer I was refering to was CI. They DO have a picture, but in the discription that I read it did not state the orgin of the cigar. My question was/is If it does not say where it cam from, is that an indicator that it may be from Cuba - I have reworded the question a bit to make it a bit more understandable why I posted in the Cuba thread.

The rest of my orginal post was just some background on where my question came from. I was not trying to mis-post this topic, if I have then I am sorry and will move it if need be. As you can tell from my profile and such, as a soldier, buying a cuban cigar is a VERY serious crime, Trading with the Enemy, I believe is the charge...just trying to keep my nose clean.

Thanks
Tim

peel off the band and it's nothin but a swisher, a really well made great tasting swisher. but yes I can see where you're coming from.

If it was CI, then they're def from the DR. and they're a reputable source for non cubans.

I'm sure when the mod's get up from their overnight vegas drunk they'll move this to a proper forum.

What cigars have you smoked and liked before? Maybe we can find you something a little better and cheaper to try. I might have 1 or 2 short smoke DR cohibas that I wouldn't mind shipping off.

What cigars have you smoked and liked before? Maybe we can find you something a little better and cheaper to try. I might have 1 or 2 short smoke DR cohibas that I wouldn't mind shipping off.

Well, thats the problem, over here most everything is a knock off, but I have tried a smaller Punch Tubo, and what is suposed to be a Partagas with a Red Band. Also some of the smaller size RyJ tubes. The Only "Real" cigar that I have had is a Partagas Black and I really enjoyed it. MOst of the stuff I smoked at home was a hand rolled Nic or Honduran from a shop in Austin..there own brand, but ther were also pretty good. In the next few days my Newbie trade should be here, and I will be able to start trying out some quality smokes. Thanks again for your help

Tim

Any reliable Internet retailer, CI, Holts, Famous, J.R. cigars ext ext only have non-cuban cigars for sale. I blame General Cigars for your confusion read here for more info.

So feel free to order all and any "Cuban Brand" from a U.S. retailer, the cigar you receive will not be Cuban and you will not get in trouble for smoking it.

May I suggest the Partagas Serie S if you like Cameroon or the Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra for a Maduro. There are better cigars out there, but this will give you a feel for General Cigar products in general.