• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban seal

bwcigars

I was looking over some box seal with UV light and reading some of the posts on this. I was particular interested to see two recent boxes where the numeric part of the number on the seal glows a dark red while on another box it does not. Both appear to have the same shield appearing in the middle. Older boxes the shield is pretty light compared to newer boxes.

I was looking over some box seal with UV light and reading some of the posts on this. I was particular interested to see two recent boxes where the numeric part of the number on the seal glows a dark red while on another box it does not. Both appear to have the same shield appearing in the middle. Older boxes the shield is pretty light compared to newer boxes.

Thanks for the info.

I checked through this tonight and found the same. I think that's supposed to be standard now however only my H Upmann's glow the numbers.

For some reason I thought Habanos printed those things in bulk and serialized them, so there should be no variance in design on cigars from the same month, just variations in printing quality. Weird.

Anyone else check through this?

As I recall originally the letters were supposed to stay red, which they would do with some minor UV stuff in there. I've now seen the numbers glowing on other boxes, I'll try and post up a picture.

As I recall originally the letters were supposed to stay red, which they would do with some minor UV stuff in there. I've now seen the numbers glowing on other boxes, I'll try and post up a picture.

I just got me a UV light to check this out myself! The top box was bought a month ago whilst the other early this year but from different sources, so if anyone knows what this means let us know please...

Photo114.jpg

I've come across this also. What are the year codes on the boxes? With the letter "I" in the serial number it could be from '06 - '09. I checked all over and found some piece of mind in this. Click here So apparently there is some variation in some of the "red" lettering and numbering.