• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban exiles send gifts home via Web.

grateful1

Oh My!
What do you think might happen?

This could be nothing, as the 'loop-hole' is for food.

This could be looked at as breaking the law.

It also could just intice the fed to look more closely at all transactions - like they aren't now....right! :whistling:

Linky

Oh yea...I have no life... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Gary,

As I read the general information on the Cuba Sanctions here, this is not a loophole but a bona fide exception provided for under the law. To take advantage of this exception is not breaking or abusing the law. It is provided for in the law itself and thus, legal.

Wilkey

This seems similar to what Cuban Americans here in Southern California do, there is 1 flight per week from Tijuana to Havana where there are just as many packages as there are passengers. Although the risk of those pacakages being confiscated runs high, that is about the only way people can get a little more than just beans and rice on the table of their families in Cuba.

Gary,

As I read the general information on the Cuba Sanctions here, this is not a loophole but a bona fide exception provided for under the law. To take advantage of this exception is not breaking or abusing the law. It is provided for in the law itself and thus, legal.

Wilkey

Correct. It is not breaking the law.
I may not have used the term 'loophole' appropriately.

I was thinking along the lines that if original linky is getting national news, it may raise flags
at the fed...or at least some eyebrows.

<edit>

If it is true that the website is partnered with the Cuban Government(linky)...then it may be indeed breaking the law. The 'accounts and assets' section of your 'linky' says all financial dealings are frozen. Purchasing from the site may be a financial deal.

Like I said...this is about 'theory'....and the fed. Just a view from the couch, so to speak!

"In Cuba you have your ration card, and you get chicken only once in a while. Only the children and the sick get meat."

Sounds like paradise to me........ not! :)