• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban cigar articles on Wikipedia

Black Plague

Last few months, I've been making constructive use of the time I use to dick around at work :laugh:

I noticed the conspicuous lack of info on Cuban cigars on wikipedia and set about righting that wrong. If you wanna check it out, click on the link below...

List of Cuban Cigar Brands on Wikipedia

...and that's the master list of articles I've written so far. All the Cuban ones I did, except for the Trinidad one. Most of the info is drawn from MRN's book and Perelman's and the pictures are from some contributing members on CW. Take in mind its mostly history, sizes available, etc. Since its an encyclopedia, I can't go too heavily into tasting notes :laugh:.

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone has any info they'd like to contribute as far as brand history, etc. and ESPECIALLY if anyone has pictures of cigars they'd like to contribute to spice up the articles, post here or send me a PM.

Hope you guys like the work I've done so far. :cool:

so far so good! just keep in mind it is a wiki, and anyone can change your info there, so be vigilant.

so far so good! just keep in mind it is a wiki, and anyone can change your info there, so be vigilant.

So far it's been good, but I did have one wierd case where someone came and just added one (incorrect, mind you) size to the vitolas list in one of the articles.

Nice job, and thanks for making the effort. I'll enjoy perusing your articles.

One note - In your Bolivar article you mention Ramon Cifuentes still being involved with General Cigar Co. I believe he died in or around 2000.

So far it's been good, but I did have one wierd case where someone came and just added one (incorrect, mind you) size to the vitolas list in one of the articles.
I could see someone doing this to make their fake cigar seem more legit....

Really? I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: You are right! Guess I'll have to go back and change that article.

EDIT: Sorry, this was a reply to tigger's post that Ramon Cifuentes passed way.