• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban box code decoder

moki

el Presidente
I threw together a little Cuban box code decoder web site; it's fairly simple right now, but I'd like to make it more useful with your help and input. Give it a try:

Cuban Box Code Decoder

Simply enter your box codes on the web page; if erroneous results are returned, or if you have information to contribute regarding the cigars a particular factory produces, the location of a factory, or other useful information/trivia, please let me know.

Please note: only 2000 or later box codes are currently supported. I do plan to handle the varied box codes from pre-2000 in the near future.

Plans for the future:

-- Attempt to recognize and decode the various box codes used prior to 2000
-- Gather more information on what factories are known to produce what cigars for given ranges of years
-- Include more information about each factory, including location, and if possible, a picture of the factory
-- Obtain pictures of the various stamps used (Cubatabacco, Habanos SA, "Hecho en Cuba", with the leaf, without the leaf, etc), and display them with the approprate year box codes
-- Make it pretty (graphics, etc.)
-- Fix any reported errors, and implement suggestions that are deemed useful

Great idea man!!! I put in LLNABR04 and got Jose Marti.

I put in JNLJUL03(RyJ CDL#2) and SVFSEP05 (BBF) and got nothing? I do not know much about which codes go where, but I have a few boxes with codes.

antaean

Seems I'm missing some of the newer factory codes (post 2003)... which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me rectify.

Great idea man!!! I put in LLNABR04 and got Jose Marti.

I put in JNLJUL03(RyJ CDL#2) and SVFSEP05 (BBF) and got nothing? I do not know much about which codes go where, but I have a few boxes with codes.

antaean

okay, do you know what factories JNL and SVF correspond to? That's the information I'd need to know...

Is this a joint effort with Vitasea Andrew?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you enter a 2000 or later box code, and the factory comes up listed as "?? unknown" please post or SS me the factory code, and if you know the factory the code corresponds to.

If you don't know the factory the code corresponds to, let me know the brand and vitola of cigar the box code comes from, and I can make an educated guess as to which factory to ascribe it to.

sweet! nice to know how to write programs.
the secret decoder ring next?

If you enter a 2000 or later box code, and the factory comes up listed as "?? unknown" please post or SS me the factory code, and if you know the factory the code corresponds to.

If you don't know the factory the code corresponds to, let me know the brand and vitola of cigar the box code comes from, and I can make an educated guess as to which factory to ascribe it to.

Thanks Moki! It's sweet to have someone who knows what they are doing putting something like this together. I'll let you know fi i get any "unknowns." By the way, will most members here know what SS means?

Well done with the new box code site Moki

Your passion and motivation is wonderful, helps us all, thanks!

Brian

I sent an email to our tour guide in Havanna, Cuba. Hope he may be able find out something to add. I think it is more or less knowledge there, as the manager of the LCDH asked his girl worker which plant my box was made in. If made into a program, i think this is crackable.

Good work Inspector Moki! ;)

Bravo, Andrew. This is an excellent idea! Simple yet totally neglected. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Andrew, That's very nice. I've always thought this would be a good project for someone, though I never saw it done. Good work! This is probably going to be more popular than the other sites you've put up regarding cigars. :thumbs:

Great idea and a nice addition to the cigar community!

Looks good. Anyone have any idea on this:
2f2a6800.jpg

Thanks

Seems I'm missing some of the newer factory codes (post 2003)... which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me rectify.

Just to clarify Moki, so it's only working for codes between 2000-2003 right now? I tried entering a few 05 codes and got no results.

typical software guy releasing something before it's ready! Moki should work for Microsoft! LOL :laugh:

typical software guy releasing something before it's ready! Moki should work for Microsoft! LOL :laugh:

ZING! Good one. Once it's up and running decoder 2.0 will come out, but you'll need to upgrade your hardware to run it.