• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuba cigar prices?

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Anyone gone to cuba recently and could give me the price of Cohiba Siglo VI ? I have a friend going down and I want to give her enough money to pick me up some but i'm not sure how much they are down in Cuba.

Thanks in advance.

I tell people to put it on their credit card, and to buy at the airport (Canadian credit card or UK, any US wont work down there). I see so many torcedores down there, for cheap, and get appraoched often. Find a government store, its worth it.

Sunward said:
I tell people to put it on their credit card, and to buy at the airport (Canadian credit card or UK, any US wont work down there). I see so many torcedores down there, for cheap, and get appraoched often. Find a government store, its worth it.
[snapback]244064[/snapback]​

Yeah I know, I already told her to buy at a government store, but I want a ballpark figure price so I can give her some advance cash for them.

Zeebra said:
Sunward said:

Yeah I know, I already told her to buy at a government store, but I want a ballpark figure price so I can give her some advance cash for them.
[snapback]244100[/snapback]​

I just gave you a ballpark figure,36-24-36 Hahaha :laugh: no seriously,
$500 should be more than enough to get 1-2-3 boxes and she can bring you the change. :cool:

sidewinder said:
Zeebra said:
Sunward said:

$500 should be more than enough to get 1-2-3 boxes and she can bring you the change. :cool:
[snapback]244116[/snapback]​

LOL, never thought of it that way. I guess i'll just give her more than enough of what 15 cigars should cost. (Yes I only get 15 cause she's bringing back "a few" for some other friends) I believe the limit is 22 cigars you can take out of the country at the Cuba customs.

Zeebra said:
sidewinder said:
Zeebra said:
Sunward said:

LOL, never thought of it that way. I guess i'll just give her more than enough of what 15 cigars should cost. (Yes I only get 15 cause she's bringing back "a few" for some other friends) I believe the limit is 22 cigars you can take out of the country at the Cuba customs.
[snapback]244142[/snapback]​
Cuba doesn't really care what you take out. They do want to see a passport if you pay with VISA in the airport. Canada has a limit of 50 cigars or cigarillos per person, which they will ask you to declare on the plane.
Dont forget the 5 or 7 year old rum too, if you like rum ;)
edited for speeeellling

Sunward said:
Zeebra said:
sidewinder said:
Zeebra said:
Sunward said:

[snapback]244142[/snapback]​
Cuba doesn't really care what you take out. They do want to see a passport if you pay with VISA in the airport. Canada has a limit of 50 cigars or cigarillos per person, which they will ask you to declare on the plane.
Dont forget the 5 or 7 year old rum too, if you like rum ;)
edited for speeeellling
[snapback]244151[/snapback]​

OK I seem to recall something about 23 limit but I think that you could take out 23 cigars without having to produce a receipt, but if you have more than 23 then you have to show the customs guy the receipt where you bought the cigars.

50 cigars with an export reciept(top of the reciept says "venta factura")for return to canada...up to 6 more boxes can be "claimed" and duty paid.after 8 boxes/person different rules apply(you will be treated as a retailer by canada customs)

23 cigars...no bands no box...if banded and boxed(even if only 23 left)they will be confiscated(if no venta factura with passport/drivers license number).

last june...sigVI...box of 10@166 cuc...box of 25@397 cuc

a convertable peso(cuc) is 1.11$us or 1.32$canadian(100$ canadian is about 75$cuc)

derrek :)

dvickery said:
50 cigars with an export reciept(top of the reciept says "venta factura")for return to canada...up to 6 more boxes can be "claimed" and duty paid.after 8 boxes/person different rules apply(you will be treated as a retailer by canada customs)

23 cigars...no bands no box...if banded and boxed(even if only 23 left)they will be confiscated(if no venta factura with passport/drivers license number).

last june...sigVI...box of 10@166 cuc...box of 25@397 cuc

a convertable peso(cuc) is 1.11$us or 1.32$canadian(100$ canadian is about 75$cuc)

[snapback]244552[/snapback]​

That's Derrek...this is just the info I was looking for!

here are some examples for box prices from CI issue feb 05:

Monte 2: $172.50
Cohiba Esplindido: $458.75
PSD4: $151.25
Punch Punch: $151.25
RJ Churchill: $202.50
P Lusitania: $220

mrjinglesusa et al

same price cash or credit card

it is a bit confusing but goes something like this...no credit card company/bank outside of cuba recognizes the cuc(convertable peso).so the price in a cigar store is in cuc and if you pay with cash(pesos)that is the price you pay...if you pay by credit card (since no bank/cc recognizes the peso)they will debit us dollars times 1.11(they add eleven percent).if i convert canadian dollars(or chf or euros for that matter(but not us$ cash...another story entirely))and buy cigars or if i charge them...the final price i pay is exactly the same.

so i change 100$ canadian and get 75$cuc and buy a box of boli coronas juniors

OR

i get a 75$cuc box of boli coronas juniors and my credit card gets charged(75 x 1.11)
83$us...and when i get my cc bill i pay 100$canadian.

The cash price is in CUC, the charge price is in US (because they charge in US $). Comes out to ~$8 more US paying cash (do the conversions).

mrjinglesusa said:
The cash price is in CUC, the charge price is in US (because they charge in US $). Comes out to ~$8 more US paying cash (do the conversions).
[snapback]244846[/snapback]​

Not a big deal for me. At this point to make it easier on my friend (since I've overloaded her with info) she can pay whatever means she likes better. I fear if I give her one more stipulation she'll say "go to Cuba and buy your own damn cigars!!" :whistling: