• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

college kids?

vitasea

Banned
what is there a lot of smart ass college kids on this site???
so maney are so concerned about spelling and grammer
if one of you smart asses would give me your e-mail address i would be glad to sumit my posts to you for editing
i did not have the opertunity for a higher education
hell i worked my way through grade school

Doug, you do know how to use that computer in front of you don't you? If you take what your write into a word processing program you can run spell check. It just helps people understand what you are saying rather than guess at what your thought is. Hope that helps.

Anthony

All right I'll bite. It's easy enough to learn how to use the shift key to capitalize your sentences. Bad grammar isn't so bad as the fact there are so many FREE spell checkers. (I use Clipboard Help & Spell. Hope I can say that here. :) ) And your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. My father worked through grade school on his families tobacco farm, didn't finish middle school and still manages to put together correctly spelled and coherent letters and emails. Go troll somewhere else!

As one of those "smart ass college kids" who cares so deeply about spelling and "grammer" (I did, indeed go to college, but knew how to spell and type well before I got me some 'a dat hi-er ejoocashun) I have been wondering whether you were a troll for a while now.
Glad to see you were helpful enough to remove any doubt.

Edited because even us college boyus make mistakes sometimes.

And what does this thread deal with anything remotely related to the Island of Cuba?

Hey Vitasea,

Why don't you move along now to somewhere else. You're obviosly not wanted around here, you obviosly don't give a shit about what anyone around here thinks, and you've obviosly made no attempt to try this new key they added to the computer called the "Shift" key. When you press it at the same time as any one of the letters, it puts it is Upper case for you.

At this point, all you are is a troll since you're not contributing to our site. All you are doing is coming here to stir up shit and cause trouble.

Check it out:

ShiftLoc.gif

if one of you smart asses would give me your e-mail address i would be glad to sumit my posts to you for editing

Please update your profile. It would be nice to know more about you and your tastes!

Gary

vitasea why make posts like this?

If you don't like being criticized for being wrong, then stop being wrong.

vitasea:

Do you really think this is the correct forum to be posting this in? If you have a problem with someone, why don't you take it up with them personally? As mentioned above, it's not that difficult to use the <shift> key every once in a while. If your main purpose is to cause trouble, your stay will be short lived.

vitasea:

Do you really think this is the correct forum to be posting this in? If you have a problem with someone, why don't you take it up with them personally? As mentioned above, it's not that difficult to use the <shift> key every once in a while. If your main purpose is to cause trouble, your stay will be short lived.
sorry it must be this new brille key board i just got, did not mean to start a new thread was trying to responed to some commits about my spelling. i will try to type slower and get a feel of the the new bumps on the keys

vitasea:

sorry it must be this new brille key board i just got, did not mean to start a new thread was trying to responed to some commits about my spelling. i will try to type slower and get a feel of the the new bumps on the keys
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OH MAN!!!
TOO FUNNY!! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like the manufacturer of your "brille" keyboard forgot to identify the "Shift" keys, huh? What a bummer....... :(

Hey, smart guy, if you're blind, then how can you read a computer screen. ???

No no no, it all adds up now! That is why he sailed to Cuba that one time by mistake! :sign:

Must have one of them there touch screen monitors... :thumbs:

And what does this thread deal with anything remotely related to the Island of Cuba?

Because, we all expect this to become a discussion of the decreasing education quality in Cuba as a result of its increasingly poorly managed command economy. Duh.

I'm also a smart ass college kid - I don't care about anyone's grammer, as long as it's coherent, some people were or are not forunate enough to have the means to go to college, or even get a decent primary education (I'm from Tennessee, lots of indecent schools down south), but that doesn't make anything they say less sound nor does it make them less intelligent. If you really care about grammer and want to do something about it instead of just using someone else's poor grammer as an ad hominum attack on their opinions on internet message boards (because you're so smart), why don't you volunteer to teach after school at your local elementary/middle/high school, or better yet, if you're still young, do Teach for America for a few years.

Bah. Rant over.

People taking shots at puncuation and spelling should be ingnored. Not everyone is good at typing. But, it would be to your advantage, Doug, to take a bit more time and proof read your posts a little bit.

Two words Doug:

Voice recognition software!

That's THREE words Gary! :laugh:

People taking shots at puncuation and spelling should be ingnored.

I completely disagree Matt especially in cases like this. Posts that are barely readable and laced with numerous spelling errors and incorrect grammar are a bad reflection on the board and make it look like it's populated with a bunch of immature children.

"proofread" is one word, not two, LMAO! :sign:

To be honest,I think it is more effective to ignore someone's post like that....that is if it really bothers the person reading it.

If everybody ignored the person in question,I am sure he would try and figure out why,maybe not be so lazy with spell checker or what-not.To reply in a schoolyard manner or to get a laugh from someone else at someone elses expense is kind of immature to me,but thats me.I dont mind busting chops either but not just here,I see people complain over the littlest of spelling errors.Small things...lol.
I was taught not to sweat the small stuff. :)

I can understand your specific posts,I laugh everytime I read it but if it becomes more trouble to read and understand your posts,I wont read them.

Two words Doug:

Voice recognition software!

That's THREE words Gary! :laugh:

People taking shots at puncuation and spelling should be ingnored.

I completely disagree Matt especially in cases like this. Posts that are barely readable and laced with numerous spelling errors and incorrect grammar are a bad reflection on the board and make it look like it's populated with a bunch of immature children.

"proofread" is one word, not two, LMAO! :sign:

I have to agree with Matt on this one. If the grammar is as poor as vitasea's, then it's a reflection on that particular person, not the board as a whole. However, if somoene is correcting gramatical errors such as "their" instead of "they're" or "it's" instead of "its", then that is petty. That makes the correcting party look immature. Just my opinion and nothing more... :sign: