• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo VI Dissect

drewyehboi

I soaked this stick in water overnight and the dissection was much easier than with the Partagas. It also produced much better results. I found it very facinating that their is truth to the long filler. You can actually see each leaf, a few of the leaves did not want to come apart as easily as others. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10314]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10316]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10317]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10315]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10318]

What prompted you to dissect your Siglo.  Was there a question of authenticity?

MoeCizlak said:
Please don't sell, trade or gift any of your Cuban cigars here.

lol... Is there a concern he's re-rolling? :whistling:

I don't know that I could do that... I'd really have to be worried about it & the source, in which instance, I'd stop buying from the source (or wouldn't have started).

@drewyehboi... as Backslide asked, why are you doing this?

Those are some high quality bands! Did you use the Dell 5130cdn Color Laser Printer?

@Indiana @Backslide & @BigBear More curiousity than anything else. Curiousity about the source and authenticity is always partially the case, more looking for insight on what everyone thinks about the composition of the cigar. I don't know what to look for other than silky thin wrapper and long filler composition which is what I found. Then reading material I have found on the web doesn't give very much insight and the few videos I have watched don't give very much good insight either.

@MoeCizlak - I'll keep that in mind and assume that is because something does not check out.

@mk05 - in what way does this band look illegitimate to you?

thechenman said:
The band looks fine...

Really?

The cursive "C" in Cuba crosses itself.  I thought that was the kiss of death and one of the easiest ways to tell a fake band.  The yellow doesn't look right either.

I just relooked at the Cohiba I have and Moe is right, the bottom cursive should not cross itself like that.

As a newb, the suggestion was made to not trade,sell or deal in cubans here, is because your a NEWB, 1, and 2, your questioning the source of your smokes. You should never deal in something you don't know about. After you have some time here, you can chat with others and be pointed in the right direction. No one is going to likely put themeselves out there and vouch for "authenticity". You can always send a PM, but you may not get a response, or you may not get the response you are looking for. Don't be offended if this is the case. People have shed blood, sweat and tears to make sure this community is well kept. They look real, yeah, it can be done, many fakes can look real. If they smoke well, enjoy them, that is what matters. Spend time here, don't be a fly by guy and leave when you've gotten what you were looking for. Build relationships, enjoy your smokes, enjoy life.

Why in the hell would you destroy a nice Siglo VI that way???
The preferred method is slowly, by fire!
CC's have a distinct aroma, and taste, after some time you will likely be able to develop your abilities in determining if it is real or fake.

Happy Smoking,

C

MoeCizlak said:
The band looks fine...

Really?

The cursive "C" in Cuba crosses itself.  I thought that was the kiss of death and one of the easiest ways to tell a fake band.  The yellow doesn't look right either.

That is useful information!!

@drewyehboi... Perhaps your aware, (I'm sure this has been mentioned but...)
Maybe you would find http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com as useful as I have for identifying smokes on your own visually.
Regarding taste & other info perhaps http://www.cigarinspector.com maybe a good place to start as well??
Have a good one!!

@BigBear thank you, I am not familiar with cigarinspector.com.

I appreciate everyone elses insight and to clarify have no intention of trading, selling, or deal in cubans here. Simply interested in everyones opinion, thank you for the input.

Moe...you are correct.  I did not notice that.  Guess I should have enlarged the pic.   

Quick question for drewyehboi...was the box of Cohibas sealed when you got it?  Is there a box code stamp on back?  Could you provide a better picture of the seal?

I see that there is a hologram on it, as there should be. Is there a serial number on the other end of the seal?

You know, this is so much crap.  Cigar smoking is supposed to be a relaxing, enjoyable pastime.  But because people have bastardized almost everything in this world, you can never fully trust authenticity anymore.  What a crock of shit!  ISOMS, unless you buy them directly, are just not worth the hassle!  Dam!!!!

MoeCizlak said:
The band looks fine...

Really?

This!

Clint is right! These are fake without a doubt. Would be interested in the source via PM.

jfields said:
 Clint is right!

Not words you hear every day. Or every year, for that matter. Drink up Clint, for today you are the proverbial blind squirrel.

The box isn't varnished dark enough
The seal is applied upside down
The stickers are non-existant
The band is atrocious
The cap is not Cuban, only one place rolls that "bulb"
The cigar is bunched weird

Hope that brings some closure.

Wow, mk05 really knows stuff.

After you pointed everything out, did I notice all that was off.