• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Piramides Pre 2003 Release

campodma

Just received a box of 25 Cohiba Piramides, based on the band "C' looks to be pre 2003. Question did they start putting date codes on the bottom of the box at that time? These Piramides do not have an extra band indication being a Limited Edition. So is this a legit release? Thanks.

campodma said:
Just received a box of 25 Cohiba Piramides, based on the band "C' looks to be pre 2003. Question did they start putting date codes on the bottom of the box at that time? These Piramides do not have an extra band indication being a Limited Edition. So is this a legit release? Thanks.

How about an intro....

Welcome to CP!

Paul

Hello All, everything about these Cohibas Piramides (Torpedo) looks authentic, Box construction Boite Natural packaging, matching the varnish of the regular production Cohiba boxes., Cigars are beautifully constructed, is impeccible though out. The wrapper is expertly applied. The triple cap head is flawless. All cigars matched in color and length. Sacrificed 1st upon Dissection, cap, wrapper, binder and filler are almost text book examples of a true Hand Made Habano should look like. My test smoke was not a disappointment although it is bit more full bodied than I'm accustomed to. I came across this 25 Box of Cohibas Piramides from a friend as a gift. His wife is Cuban and his brother in law who has verified connections with the Cohiba factory brought them back. So the provenance at first glance is pretty convincing. As my friend who does not smoke he decided to pass these along to me. after having them stored in their box for over 10 years. I also had just recently returned from visiting Ecuador and have bought many Cohibas and other Habanos at duty free stores in Panama, and Ecuador so I'm not totally unfamiliar at what to except from an authentic Cuban. As this is possibly a Vintage Cohiba it's really hard to qualify just if it's the real deal or an excellent impostor. I'll post photos to illustrate.

Thanks,

campodma said:
Hello All, everything about these Cohibas Piramides (Torpedo) looks authentic, Box construction Boite Natural packaging, matching the varnish of the regular production Cohiba boxes., Cigars are beautifully constructed, is impeccible though out. The wrapper is expertly applied. The triple cap head is flawless. All cigars matched in color and length. Sacrificed 1st upon Dissection, cap, wrapper, binder and filler are almost text book examples of a true Hand Made Habano should look like. My test smoke was not a disappointment although it is bit more full bodied than I'm accustomed to. I came across this 25 Box of Cohibas Piramides from a friend as a gift. His wife is Cuban and his brother in law who has verified connections with the Cohiba factory brought them back. So the provenance at first glance is pretty convincing. As my friend who does not smoke he decided to pass these along to me. after having them stored in their box for over 10 years. I also had just recently returned from visiting Ecuador and have bought many Cohibas and other Habanos at duty free stores in Panama, and Ecuador so I'm not totally unfamiliar at what to except from an authentic Cuban. As this is possibly a Vintage Cohiba it's really hard to qualify just if it's the real deal or an excellent impostor. I'll post photos to illustrate.Thanks,
Score! The brother in law connection makes it 100% legit!

campodma said:
Hello All, everything about these Cohibas Piramides (Torpedo) looks authentic, Box construction Boite Natural packaging, matching the varnish of the regular production Cohiba boxes., Cigars are beautifully constructed, is impeccible though out. The wrapper is expertly applied. The triple cap head is flawless. All cigars matched in color and length. Sacrificed 1st upon Dissection, cap, wrapper, binder and filler are almost text book examples of a true Hand Made Habano should look like. My test smoke was not a disappointment although it is bit more full bodied than I'm accustomed to. I came across this 25 Box of Cohibas Piramides from a friend as a gift. His wife is Cuban and his brother in law who has verified connections with the Cohiba factory brought them back. So the provenance at first glance is pretty convincing. As my friend who does not smoke he decided to pass these along to me. after having them stored in their box for over 10 years. I also had just recently returned from visiting Ecuador and have bought many Cohibas and other Habanos at duty free stores in Panama, and Ecuador so I'm not totally unfamiliar at what to except from an authentic Cuban. As this is possibly a Vintage Cohiba it's really hard to qualify just if it's the real deal or an excellent impostor. I'll post photos to illustrate.

Thanks,
Your next post should be here http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/forum/34-introduce-yourself-here/ if its not and has anything to do with authenticating your Cuban cigars your better off moving on. Please read the rules of the forum and follow them if you want to be part of this community. You are not going to get ANY info out of this group if you continue this.

Good luck,
Paul

Kirk, since Rod officially named you to the CP Board the other day, I feel your first order of business would be to put Paul in charge of the Intro forum!

Backslide said:
Cubancigarwebsite.com
+1 yup I did it. Plus one my own reply.

Dude, if you bothered to check out this site you'd know :) Let's play a game! How many inconsistencies do you see. Lets not include the whole "I know someone at the factory" deal that instantly makes these extremely suspect.

campodma said:

Thanks,

Wow he got them from France that's good enough for me! The BIL coonection just adds to it being legit, I agree with 3M. I'll take a fiver to verify all the same.

His brother in law with verified connection the the Cohiba factory....

Lolz ?