• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Magicos/Genios

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I'm thinking of picking up some of these. I'm looking for your input on them...I'm such a Cohiba whore :blush: ...

Thanks!
-ree

ree-
ive wondered why the magicos and the genios dont get the love that the secretos engender. we move about 3-1 secretos - magicos. i always assumed it was about price point. p

i have smoked several boxes of the magicos and about 20 or so genios. typically, both of these are well constructed, with rich flavors and dense, chewy smoke. these are not elegant cohibas. the secretos are fine and also offer some rich flavors. the secretos do seem to smoke better rott, than the genios and magicos. it just seems a bit too small to produce big flavor i want from the maduro.

cheers
drew p

Never tried the Secretos myself. I've had the Genios and Magicos. The first one I smoked, I thought it was about the best cigar I'd ever smoked. The next one, not so much. Third and fourth were pretty enjoyable.

Never tried the Secretos myself. I've had the Genios and Magicos. The first one I smoked, I thought it was about the best cigar I'd ever smoked. The next one, not so much. Third and fourth were pretty enjoyable.

I think that the first batch is going to be very good with some age. I too enjoy the Genios/Magicos better than the secretos. They are all good smokes IMHO.

Jim

I have smoked all three sizes & have found for my tastes the secreto fills the bill,but then again I enjoy a smaller ring gage cigar than a large one.

Smoking through a ten count box of the majicos and find them to be hit and miss, some were great the others were tight and just didnt have the flavor profile of as some of the better sticks in the box. Down to 2 left hopefully thier the ones that will convince me to buy another box.

Just my opinion though, lately the edmundos have been as consistent as you can get and have great flavor right out of the box.

Smoking through a ten count box of the magicos and find them to be hit and miss, some were great the others were tight and just didn't have the flavor profile of as some of the better sticks in the box. Down to 2 left hopefully they're the ones that will convince me to buy another box.
You hit the nail on the head B-S...I find them hit or miss as well. When you have that level of inconsistency in a 10 count box (like I did too), I'll save my $$ for something else.

But they still are a must try. Like Drew said earlier, they are a gnarly wrapped, earthy, chewy smoke unlike other Cohibas.....and they are a maduro CC, not many of those out there! Just don't invest in a 25 count box until you smoke a few singles.

Just don't invest in a 25 count box until you smoke a few singles......
"Invest" being the key word there. Yikes, they are proud of their maduro smokes......

I've had them and while they were good smokes, they didn't blow my socks off. For the $$ I've always been able to find other smokes that were more interesting....

FWIW - B.B.S.