• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars from the Island

nookatee

I see at the home page of CP, many "reputable retailers". I'd really like to purchase some cigars from one of these retailers, but I need some advice. Am I asking to much to try to find a box around $100. Let me know what you think.

It's illegal for US citizens to purchase Cuban cigars. If you are not a US citizen, just go to one of those retailers, find a box for $100 and order it - not too difficult...

If you're not a US citizen, then go about it just like any other cigars. If $100 is your price point, then order a box, try it and see if you like it. Or order some fivers of a couple different $100/box cigars and see what you like.

But if you live in the US, then chances are you'll spend the $100 for a box, customs will seize it, then fine you alot of money, flag your SSN so you're given extra scrutiny every time you travel out of the country and have your passport scanned, and generally make your life hell. :0

It's not worth it. There are alot of really good cigars that are not Cuban. Wait for the embargo to drop, then have at it.

I hear this "island" makes some good cigars...

caribbean.jpg

Gonz said:
If you're not a US citizen, then go about it just like any other cigars. If $100 is your price point, then order a box, try it and see if you like it. Or order some fivers of a couple different $100/box cigars and see what you like.

But if you live in the US, then chances are you'll spend the $100 for a box, customs will seize it, then fine you alot of money, flag your SSN so you're given extra scrutiny every time you travel out of the country and have your passport scanned, and generally make your life hell. :0

It's not worth it. There are alot of really good cigars that are not Cuban. Wait for the embargo to drop, then have at it.
[snapback]205520[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sign: