• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cancun

How about the Casa de Habanos?

Zone : America
City : Cancún

Address : Plaza La Isla, Paseo Comercial. Zona Hotelera Cancún, Cancún, Quintana Roo.
Phone : 52.91 98 85 2929
Fax : 52.91 98 85 2929
EMail : ieptmexico@hotmail.com

Not sure I would trust much else. There is also one on Cozumel and Playa del carmen which aren't too far. I'm sure the prices are all the same. I went to the one in Cancun a couple of years ago. They had a few boxes with some age on them so I was able to enjoy some pretty nice smokes. They ain't cheap though.

It is like being a kid in a candy store though. Very fun just being in a humidor with all those cigars.

If you need more info go here.

I would imagine they would be higher, but ..... temptation to buy everything or that special box would kill me! I've seen a couple boxes that I would just die to have, or one of those special limited edition boxes taht can only be found in just such an establishment.

:cool:

ree ree robusto said:
You think box prices would be high there?
[snapback]178615[/snapback]​

Yes. There is also the little thing of getting them back into the country. Still not legal.

ricmac25 said:
How about the Casa de Habanos?

Zone : America
City : Cancún

Address : Plaza La Isla, Paseo Comercial. Zona Hotelera Cancún, Cancún, Quintana Roo.
Phone : 52.91 98 85 2929
Fax : 52.91 98 85 2929
EMail : ieptmexico@hotmail.com

Not sure I would trust much else. There is also one on Cozumel and Playa del carmen which aren't too far. I'm sure the prices are all the same. I went to the one in Cancun a couple of years ago. They had a few boxes with some age on them so I was able to enjoy some pretty nice smokes. They ain't cheap though.

It is like being a kid in a candy store though. Very fun just being in a humidor with all those cigars.

If you need more info go here.
[snapback]178596[/snapback]​

Was down there 6 months ago. Prices are Rediculous. But, if you are going to go anywhere, thats the place to go. Don't buy cigars anywhere else in cancun, no matter how great of a deal it seems.

Are you staying in the Hotel Zone?

I was there in November and found the selection rather pedestrian. Nothing really that special but the only place that looked legit. They did not have just gobs of inventory. They are located in a kiosk in the shopping center turn right after you get into the center and go past the cinema.

The cigars were well kept and employee who worked there was less than enthusiastic about her job. She did seem to know what she was talking about but just not very conversant.

Personally I only bought enough to smoke while on the trip as the prices were not a real bargain. There is also the matter of customs (as mentioned before). Based on what else I saw in Cancun, that's the place for cigars.

LCDH is the only place where you wil buy real cigars otherwise you're wasting your money.

My friend just got back from there.

I had asked her to bring me back a 3 pack of the fake glass top cohiba's. For sheer entertainment value!

I told her whatt to look for. She said she got into it with 2 vendors.. when she said i will give you 10 US for them because they are obviosly fake.. Well the one guy bitched her out and said you are a woman what do you know about cigars.. etc etc...she responded..well i know cohiba has never made a glass top..and there is obviosly no triple cap on those cigars..and the fact that you pulled it out from under your cart also tells me that you dont even properly keep them humidified..!! He told her to get lost.. SO she went down to the next vendor who had heard the entire commotion and told her"senorita".. I will sell you the same Cohiba's which you already know are fake for 10 US...LOL!! So now i have some Glass TOP's.. WOOHOO!! :D :whistling:

golfgar said:
I was there in November and found the selection rather pedestrian. Nothing really that special but the only place that looked legit. They did not have just gobs of inventory. They are located in a kiosk in the shopping center turn right after you get into the center and go past the cinema.

The cigars were well kept and employee who worked there was less than enthusiastic about her job. She did seem to know what she was talking about but just not very conversant.

Personally I only bought enough to smoke while on the trip as the prices were not a real bargain. There is also the matter of customs (as mentioned before). Based on what else I saw in Cancun, that's the place for cigars.
[snapback]178970[/snapback]​

Gar was she the asian chick? If it was I can relate how much she hated being in there.

Gar was she the asian chick? If it was I can relate how much she hated being in there.
[snapback]179263[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No, she was the larger Mexican gal.

Take your own with you. There is no reason to buy them there. Be sure to remove the bands or better yet put domestic bands on your cigars before you go.

Enjoy yourself and don't drink the water. ;)

coventrycat86 said:
LCDH is the only place where you wil buy real cigars otherwise you're wasting your money.
[snapback]179038[/snapback]​

Would it be safe to say that you "should not" have problems with counterfeits at LCDH?

Shiba said:
coventrycat86 said:
[snapback]179038[/snapback]​

Would it be safe to say that you "should not" have problems with counterfeits at LCDH?
[snapback]228907[/snapback]​

Well since they're basically the govt outlet for them, yes.

I was at the one in St Maarten a month ago and I thought the prices were in the same ballpark as the other places selling ISOMs.