• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boxes? In or out, how do you store?

IanHummel

I recently picked up 15 smokes and as of right now, I still have them in the individual boxes in my desktop. I doubt it really matters how you store them, but to you all out there, do you remove the smokes from the individual boxes or keep them in when storing? How about tubes?

I recently picked up 15 smokes and as of right now, I still have them in the individual boxes in my desktop. I doubt it really matters how you store them, but to you all out there, do you remove the smokes from the individual boxes or keep them in when storing? How about tubes?

It depends on how long you are planning on storing them and what your goals are.

Not that I am an expert on storage but I prefer to store them in the individual boxes if I have room. As for the tubes, from my limited experience it seems that the cigars in tubes are little wet so I just store them with cap off.

When storing loose cigars, single boxes, cellophane, and tubes provide a measure of physical protection as well as RH buffering. You won't go wrong by just leaving them in their original packaging.

When you search on this topic, you'll be able to read lively debates from the various perspectives on this subject.

Wilkey

Storing in boxes reduces the fluctuations in the humidor; it provides a microclimate that will keep the humidity moreso than the temp at a steady level. This is ideal and recommended for aging.

I am not exactly sure how much storing in the boxes reduces the aging process, but It has been stated before that storing in cello can slow aging by 40%.

Storing in boxes reduces the fluctuations in the humidor; it provides a microclimate that will keep the humidity moreso than the temp at a steady level. This is ideal and recommended for aging.

I am not exactly sure how much storing in the boxes reduces the aging process, but It has been stated before that storing in cello can slow aging by 40%.

Thanks everyone for your input. I will keep them in the boxes. As far as the tubes go, I like the idea of just removing the caps.

I prefer to store the individuals in cello for protection, but I've also heard that like many have said, it will postpone aging to a point.

15 smokes? FIFTEEN? Smoke em and you'll have no worries about storing them.

This is as close to the Cello on/Cello off question as you can get. :laugh:

Cello on/cello off question? Can you provide details? :whistling:

Haha, I only smoke 1 cigar a week and don't smoke the Cubans but maybe 1x every month or two. It's a new hobby of mine still.

Best advice I ever heard on the topic is store them as the manufacturer sold them. If its good enough for them it fine enough for you.

I have done it both ways....As you can tell from my pics I usually remove any cello or packaging from my sticks. The only ones I keep in the package are my RyJ no. 3s from the "big island" because the are in a tube and I regularly travel with one or two of them!!!

whatever floats your boat....just my opinion