• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box Code ?

GoPre76

After looking though the list of box codes i didnt find OPU MAY 07. (Cohiba siglo III) Nothing else about the presentation was at all suspect to me. (Although I havent smoked one yet.) Thoughts?

Can I ask how you know that this code looks good, since I could not find it on this list?

I am asking because I have a box coded SEM JUL 07 of Partagas Serie D No. 4 and I was getting skeptical since it was not on the list.

Thanks for your input

Even those who are experienced Habanophiles will tell you that there is very little useful information to be gained from checking the factory code per se nowadays. Aside from very specific cases, no one can tell you whether any given three-letter code corresponds to a given factory. As far as I know, no one has a comprehensive list anymore.

My advice to newbies is to forget about trying to decipher the code. What would you do with that information even if you had it? As far as a particular code as an indicator of authenticity, as long as you are buying from a legitimate, trustworthy source, it's essentially irrelevant.

Know your vendor. Then forget about the code and the thousand little things that might raise doubt. You'll enjoy your cigars much better.

Wilkey

Know your vendor. Then forget about the code and the thousand little things that might raise doubt. You'll enjoy your cigars much better.

Wilkey

I would bet your 100% about this, especially where you say "You'll enjoy your cigars much better."

I would follow what Professor Ginseng has to say! He's pretty smart when it comes to these things ;)

Even those who are experienced Habanophiles will tell you that there is very little useful information to be gained from checking the factory code per se nowadays. Aside from very specific cases, no one can tell you whether any given three-letter code corresponds to a given factory. As far as I know, no one has a comprehensive list anymore.

My advice to newbies is to forget about trying to decipher the code. What would you do with that information even if you had it? As far as a particular code as an indicator of authenticity, as long as you are buying from a legitimate, trustworthy source, it's essentially irrelevant.

Wilkey
X3 on this. The factory codes are changed more often than you think. There is a reason for this and I'm sure it akes sense to someone...but it isn't us.

If you're not 100% comfortable with your source, you shouldn't be buying from them.

I don't feel it's needed to look at anything more than the date. There isn't any way to make sure that the factory code is legit either...the list you looked at is the same list ANYBODY could look at. Trust your vendor, not a compiled list of factory & date codes.

Wilkey

I would bet your 100% about this, especially where you say "You'll enjoy your cigars much better."
Well said Wilkey!

Jam, I am curious, why would you want to bet Ginseng's 100% about this ???

Brian

Brian,

I think he probably just means that I'm fairly certain in that prediction.

With apologies to Stanley Kubrick and Peter George, "How I learned to stop worrying and love smoking my Havanas" :D

Wilkey

Brian,

I think he probably just means that I'm fairly certain in that prediction.

With apologies to Stanley Kubrick and Peter George, "How I learned to stop worrying and love smoking my Havanas" :D

Wilkey
??? ??? :laugh: I was pulling his chain Wilkey...he should have written you're! Where is Bill these days? He used to be all over grammar like a rash, he must be growing old gracefully! :sign:

Brian

Doh!

See what happens? I've been sitting here writing a book review for an academic journal and I'm all serious and stuff. :p Skipped right past grammar into the conceptual analysis. :rolleyes:

Wilkey

:whistling: grammar has never been my thing, that's why I got into Finance :D