• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box Code question

Franco593

After finding the box code link on this forum.....I pulled out some old boxes purchased in Europe by my sister and given to me. This was before I knew anything about cigars...so it kills me that these went to waste on me at the time.

Anyhow..where exactly are box codes on the boxes?....I have a Partagas box that looks to have a stamp on the bottom but I don't think thats what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated..

I used the SEARCH option and found nothing about code location..

thanks
Frank

After finding the box code link on this forum.....I pulled out some old boxes purchased in Europe by my sister and given to me. This was before I knew anything about cigars...so it kills me that these went to waste on me at the time.

Anyhow..where exactly are box codes on the boxes?....I have a Partagas box that looks to have a stamp on the bottom but I don't think thats what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated..

thanks
Frank

All box codes are on the bottom of boxes. Depending on when it was stamped, it should have a combination of letters and/or numbers. Look at the "Date and Factory codes" thread pinned above if you need help in deciphering them.

thanks
Frank

All box codes are on the bottom of boxes. Depending on when it was stamped, it should have a combination of letters and/or numbers. Look at the "Date and Factory codes" thread pinned above if you need help in deciphering them.

Mike...thanks...I just did a Google search and found some info that looks ok...If I can figure out how to post a link I'll do it.

Wouldn't the exception be if the box has a cardboard outer box? Then the code may be on the cardboard, although the bottom I believe.

Or under the flap of a 3X5 pack. I'm telling your proffessors you're making generalized statements on the record :D

Blah...blah....blah ya jackass :laugh:

Both of the above are correct of course. For boxes though, with or without the cardboard outer box, the box code will be on the bottom. Thanks for correcting that guys :thumbs: