• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box Code Help

icyo

Has anybody ever seen this code? It comes from an extremely reliable and reputable vendor that has been around for a long time...

PVC OOSA

Based on the vendor, I don't these are fake. But based on the code...

Thanks for your help!

icyo

Could be PUV= Cienfuegos or PUL= Holguin.
OOSA= sometime between Jan and April 1999. No further info available. X

That is a strange code. Looking at the date portion, I would assume that the cigars are from 96 (corresponds with the SA). However, OO does not designate a month. Could it be OC? That would correspond to 07 (July).

The factory code is a bit of a mystery as well. The only think I can think of is a misprint...maybe VC1, which would correspond to Villa Clara I.

This probably does not help, but it is an interesting mystery. If you get the answers, please post them. I'm curious.

Good reference, bro. However, it does not support pre-2000 box codes, which this one clearly is. Going to have to figure this one out the "old-school" way. :D

hmmmmm.... the 00 is 2000. no?

If it was 00 and not OO and it followed a month designator like DIC, ENE, or AGO, then yes, it would be 2000. However, it is pretty obvious that this is a code from before that time...I would suggest pre-1999. The format of the code suggests that the SA stands for 96. However, the OO is the question. It does not designate a month.

Has anybody ever seen this code? It comes from an extremely reliable and reputable vendor that has been around for a long time...

PVC OOSA

Based on the vendor, I don't these are fake. But based on the code...

Thanks for your help!

icyo
icyo,

Did you get the letters out of order?
CPV is one of the Villa Clara 2000 factory codes.

Good reference, bro. However, it does not support pre-2000 box codes, which this one clearly is. Going to have to figure this one out the "old-school" way. :D

hmmmmm.... the 00 is 2000. no?

If it was 00 and not OO and it followed a month designator like DIC, ENE, or AGO, then yes, it would be 2000. However, it is pretty obvious that this is a code from before that time...I would suggest pre-1999. The format of the code suggests that the SA stands for 96. However, the OO is the question. It does not designate a month.

ahhhh... ??? :rolleyes:

I think I get it.

I got the box in today. If it helps, they are SLR Regios. Printed on the bottom of the box...

PVC oosa

I got the box in today. If it helps, they are SLR Regios. Printed on the bottom of the box...

PVC oosa

Send the unopened box to me and I'll let you know when and where they are from..... :whistling: !!!

Enjoy!

PVC could be VC = Villa Clara
then the date - OOSA = 0096 maybe Jan 96???

This is the closest I can find.

Brian