• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Royal Coronas

vinnyvega

A box from POS MAR07 has a few sticks that have two different shades on the same wrapper. I was shocked at first to see how light the wrapper was. Upon doing some research, wrappers on the RC's can range from claro to a dark brown. But I was shocked to see the top of the cigar near the triple cap is significantly lighter. I am kind of shocked that these made it out of the factory. I have never seen any cigar, in my brief period smoking cigars, look like these. Does anyone here have any similar experiences? Not just with Bolis but with any stick from any part of the world. I would figure the wrappers that have discoloration would not be used or used for machine mades or something like that. I have searched just about every Boli thread in CP and have not found anything that gives me a clear answer. I will post pics when I get home if necessary. Again, this is not a question of authenticity.

TIA
Joe

A box from POS MAR07 has a few sticks that have two different shades on the same wrapper. I was shocked at first to see how light the wrapper was. Upon doing some research, wrappers on the RC's can range from claro to a dark brown. But I was shocked to see the top of the cigar near the triple cap is significantly lighter. I am kind of shocked that these made it out of the factory. I have never seen any cigar, in my brief period smoking cigars, look like these. Does anyone here have any similar experiences? Not just with Bolis but with any stick from any part of the world. I would figure the wrappers that have discoloration would not be used or used for machine mades or something like that. I have searched just about every Boli thread in CP and have not found anything that gives me a clear answer. I will post pics when I get home if necessary. Again, this is not a question of authenticity.

TIA
Joe

Was the cigar in the top or bottom row?

Was it claro from a watermark?

Cigars - as I have read and have been told - are rated and lined up by color, along the box.
The most blemished ones tend to be on the bottom...or in the middle if a CAB/SLB.

TIA
Joe

Was the cigar in the top or bottom row? Yup. On the bottom row.

Was it claro from a watermark? No. The color goes from claro at the head to an almost rosado at the foot. As the wrapper goes around the stick the color changes rather sharply. I guess if I unwrapped one of the sticks I could see how drastically the color changes. That could be a fun project. Hmmmmm.

Cigars - as I have read and have been told - are rated and lined up by color, along the box.
The most blemished ones tend to be on the bottom...or in the middle if a CAB/SLB.

I've seen a fairly large variance in a box of cigars but never in a single stick. Sounds like that one was able to sneek past Quality Control.

- Tim