• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Poderosos Jar BeLux Regional Production 2013

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
Has Habanos S.A. gone crazy?...$1,500.00 for the jar and just under $1,000.00 for the varnished box of 25. For a Bolivar. Speechless.

LINK

LINK

Damn Gary you had to show that. Shit maybe Bill will do a box split with me.  :whistling:

ETa: And Michael.

Light this! said:
Damn Gary you had to show that. Shit maybe Bill will do a box split with me.  :whistling:

ETa: And Michael.

I don't know man...to spend that kind of scratch ($40 - $60) per stick for what amounts to a one off, production cigar...with NO AGE ON IT...is insane. 

A fool and his money.... :sign:

Gary don't get me wrong I won't buy everything that comes out and not a big fan of jar releases in general because your paying for the damn jar! Sure it's a nice display piece but shit you can't smoke it.

However, I will spend money on certain marcas without blinking an eye which include Bolis, RA, PL, Cohiba & QdO's. These marcas RE's have been phenomenal lately in my opinion. I prefer an RE to an EL any day hands down. In my experience the RE's are smoking their best at about the 3 year mark as oppose to an EL which I feel are at their best at the 5 year mark. 

Now I'm basing this on just my own smoking experience.  ;)

My empty 2000 Millennium Monte Robusto porcelain jar looks nice, mostly goes unnoticed, and the cigars inside were mostly meh!

Maybe someone will make some money off the jar long after I'm dead.

This is my marca and I love them for the value especially the BRC. This is just a one of those marketing gimicks the jar and some very limited and rare cigars. If you are into investing and have that coin to buy it why not? That way in 5 years you can sell it for $3,000 or more. There is one born every day..

Light this! said:
Gary don't get me wrong I won't buy everything that comes out and not a big fan of jar releases in general because your paying for the damn jar! Sure it's a nice display piece but shit you can't smoke it.

However, I will spend money on certain marcas without blinking an eye which include Bolis, RA, PL, Cohiba & QdO's. These marcas RE's have been phenomenal lately in my opinion. I prefer an RE to an EL any day hands down. In my experience the RE's are smoking their best at about the 3 year mark as oppose to an EL which I feel are at their best at the 5 year mark. 

Now I'm basing this on just my own smoking experience.  ;)

According to "The World of the Habano" (1st edition 2012) pg. 127;
"Regional Editions"

" While they are made from the standard tobaccos and blends for the brands in question with no special features, they are produced in sizes not normally associated with those brands and are presented in numbered boxes."

If i am reading this correctly the "rank and file" cigars of these brands contain the same "tobaccos and blends".  To me this is clever marketing of good - excellent totally hand made cigars.  Of course size and shape does influence the taste.