• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOLIVAR NEW GOLD MEDAL

Granvega

The Bolívar New Gold Medal cigar is known for its rich and evolving flavor profile, which reflects the quality and complexity typical of Cuban cigars. Here are some of the key flavors and notes I associated with this cigar:

• The cigar begins with mild and slightly sweet notes, which include flavors reminiscent of peach and apricot sweetness. These fruity notes are balanced by underlying tones of dry tobacco .

• As the cigar progresses, the sweetness diminishes slightly, giving way to more complex and rich flavors. Spice begins to emerge, along with notes of cedar and earth. This combination provides a layered smoking experience that evolves with each puff .

• The cigar offers a medium to full-bodied experience, with a balance between sweetness, spice, and earthy undertones. It is designed to appeal to those who appreciate a robust yet smooth smoking experience with a variety of flavors that develop over time .

This combination of flavors makes the Bolívar New Gold Medal a highly regarded cigar, particularly among those who enjoy rich, evolving flavor profiles with a touch of sweetness and spice.

Has anyone had the opportunity to try them? Any thoughts?

tempImagemLJaOE.jpgtempImage8sT5Uo.jpg

Have you tried the most recent BGM before this (06-09 I believe?) I haven’t tried the new ones yet but curious how they compare.

Have you tried the most recent BGM before this (06-09 I believe?) I haven’t tried the new ones yet but curious how they compare.
I would definitely love to try the ones from the 1st release many years ago...this is from JAN-24 but also amazing :)

I’d love to try, but i can’t rationalize the price points on Cuban cigars, especially the classics like the BGM. Do you see prices coming back down, or is the the new normal?

Reactions: MX
I’d love to try, but i can’t rationalize the price points on Cuban cigars, especially the classics like the BGM. Do you see prices coming back down, or is the the new normal?
I don't think prices will go down. They may remain as they are now for a while, but in the long term they will tend to continue rising.
It will be more and more difficult to buy regular production cigars since almost all the production is destined to the most exclusive ones.

I would definitely love to try the ones from the 1st release many years ago...this is from JAN-24 but also amazing :)

The 06+ release is my favorite “production” cigar ever, I think it is superior to the Wolters release from 2004. Now what I really want to try is one of the 70s or 80s BGM but I haven’t ever even seen one. If there is a white whale, that’s it.

The 06+ release is my favorite “production” cigar ever, I think it is superior to the Wolters release from 2004. Now what I really want to try is one of the 70s or 80s BGM but I haven’t ever even seen one. If there is a white whale, that’s it.
One of my all time favorites as well. There was a year or so when I smoked one almost every week. When I found out they were being discontinued I bought a ton of boxes. Now that they have gone from seven bucks a stick to 150 I can’t bring myself to smoke them anymore. I should sell them but can’t bring myself to do that either.

One of my all time favorites as well. There was a year or so when I smoked one almost every week. When I found out they were being discontinued I bought a ton of boxes. Now that they have gone from seven bucks a stick to 150 I can’t bring myself to smoke them anymore. I should sell them but can’t bring myself to do that either.

What are you saving them for Craig? You're back on CP, you've leveled up in life (guarantee you married up 😂 ) and you have a little you running around. I don't think there's a better reason, to sit down with an incredible cigar and reflect.

Brian (Infinity) would tell you every day is a special day!

Cigars are for smoking, internet pron, that is for saving!

What are you saving them for Craig? You're back on CP, you've leveled up in life (guarantee you married up 😂 ) and you have a little you running around. I don't think there's a better reason, to sit down with an incredible cigar and reflect.
You got that right! :cool:

I just can’t get my head around to smoking cigars I can sell for ridiculous amounts. I could pay for my kids college. Ugh…

You got that right! :cool:

I just can’t get my head around to smoking cigars I can sell for ridiculous amounts. I could pay for my kids college. Ugh…
The solution is light them on fire, the opportunity cost only matters if you think of the cigars as commodities. I think of them like food, I’m not going to the French Laundry and bringing that shit home to put in the freezer for a rainy day to recoup some cash.

IMG_0546.gif

Or, sell some to a fella whose name rhymes with tater for 20% above cost. I’m just being a nice guy and trying to help you with your dilemma, knomsayn? 😏

1) Insure them for fire and smoke damage
2) Enjoy
3) File your claim
4) Send your kids to college

Life is short and I’m an old man now so I’ll probably just smoke them if they’re not as good as I remember then off to BR they go! :p

Life is short and I’m an old man now so I’ll probably just smoke them if they’re not as good as I remember then off to BR they go! :p

Wait, sell those fuckers then, if you can pay for college!

I'll have 1 in college next fall and HOLY SHIT, the tuition sure has jumped since I graduated in 1998 😂

mine started her 2nd year, and umm the price sure has jumped since she came home in May!

They are in fact, as good as you remember (sorry)

All this talk is making my feel a certain kind of way about turning the 4 in my open box into 3.

They are in fact, as good as you remember (sorry)

All this talk is making my feel a certain kind of way about turning the 4 in my open box into 3.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Craig said he has boxes of these things. You know where to go to replace that one you'll smoke ;)