• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Gold Medal 2013 full strength?

personal User

Searched on this, a thread here at cigar pass beginning in 2010 indicated Bolivar Gold Medal 6.5 x 42 Cervantes was mild.

Several vendors list current production as "full."

I tend to take vendor ratings with a grain of salt, and notice that the various wording on different sites is identical, as if they are all using the same source for descriptions.

Anybody tried the current production that can give me an idea as to whether or not current production is full strength?

Thanks

I don't know what year I had, I know it was gifted to me in 2012, and lit it up on thanksgiving of ghis year, was definitely full flavored and a solid medium/full in strength. Good strong smoke.

Bolivar Gold Medal was discontinued in 2011 and is no longer being produced. So in short if you see them and are interested grab them because whats out there will not last forever. The box I have is from 2009 and I would say the are in the medium to Full in strength but defiantly full body. I have enjoyed the 5 I have smoked from this box and plan on grabbing another box or two before they are gone.

Paul
CMontoya79 said:
I don't know what year I had, I know it was gifted to me in 2012, and lit it up on thanksgiving of ghis year, was definitely full flavored and a solid medium/full in strength. Good strong smoke.
That is great you must have been posting the same time I was and we both shared exact ratings... 

Paul is right on target. It is a full body smoke. The only one I had the chance to smoke was from his box and it got me looking around for more. Being the lucky fellow that I am I am still in the hunt.

Full and tasty. I hate that they discontued them. Not one of my top ten, but a nice change of pace!

I hope these are cheaper than the Wolters a few years from now.

I smoked one of the old ones. It was left behind by Matt R at a function in Vegas. I cut off the spit end and smoked the rest. It was almost the whole cigar. It was fantastic!! The beer that night helped the situation!

I would call it med to full bodied, leaning more towards medium strictly based on today's practice of using excessive amounts of ligero. It is yesterday's full bodied cigar. Flavor intensity was medium to me, but very satisfying. I.e., more on the elegantly balanced side than in your face flavor bomb. Definitely worth a reasonably close to msrp purchase price.