• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVO Beli / Playboy Lonsdale

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
AVO Belicoso
MSRP $9

What an awesome looking cigar this was. Beautiful from one end to the other. Extremely impressive...made me feel as if I had my hands on one of the best cigars in the world. Too bad it ended there. :(

CONSTRUCTION was very good. It burned evenly throughout the entire smoke. This was a well made cigar.

Screw it...let me cut to the chase and not waste anymore time... This cigar was horrible!!! Tasted something awful. It was like burning straw or dried grass. I'm not sure if I've ever came across such a horrid taste profile in such an expensive line of cigars. The flavor was consistent. Unfortunaltely it was consitently BAD. Now let me make this known. I am a fan of lighter to medium bodied high priced cigars (aka Davidoff, Dunhill, Diamond Crown)...so it's safe to say this is supposably in the same category. Well I'm not sure what is going on here but it isn't right...they need to stop production on this cigar...that is how bad it is. At $9 a pop...I'll go and buy 2 of the next cigar I'm reviewing here. Rate: 75

PLAYBOY by Don Diego LONSDALE
MSRP $5

CONSTRUCTION: Top of the line here. Very well made cigar. Looked great, and smoke even and consitently. Great looking wrap on this beauty.

Flavor/Burn: This gar lit up well. Produced a consistent stark white ash that held firm throught the smoke. Flavors where subtle and creamy, yet with enough complexity to keep it interesting. The creamy flavors reminded me of a "cuban coffee" (not the bean...this is a prepared method). A highly enjoyable smoke.

This cigar was everything it should be and everything that AVO was not...for half the bread. Very good gar if you can still appreciate things on the lighter side. Rate: 90

Nice reviews Beast. I would have expected them to come out the other way around rating-wise. I've never tried any of the regular Avo line, but I like the Domaine series. I'll probably steer clear of them based on this.

Regarding the Avo Signatures... IMO you got a bad one. I've had several in the line and I've enjoyed them all. They all had that great spicy flavor of the sungrown wrapper and the solid, full flavors of the Avo line. Give this one another try Beast and let us know if it happens again.

Aloha,

Wade