• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these real Cuban Monte Cristos?

melee

Someone is selling these. Any experts have an idea if these are real, based on the box alone?

Picture3.png

How bout pictures of the box code, "Hecho En Cuba", and "Totalamente a Mano"?

edit - ask about that shrink wrap too.

Just from those photos is tough, but here's my take:

- Monte 2's are the second most counterfeit behind the Cohiba's
- That looks like South Florida out the window, Miami is the counterfeit capital for Habanos
- I've seen boxes vacuum packed from vendors, but not shrink wrapped

I wouldn't consider buying them unless you could trust the provenance and inspect the actual cigars. There are extensive threads here, including pinned reference threads on counterfeit habanos.

100% fake....Cubans never come wrapped in the plastic like that (and no, it is not done by the retailers either). I'm sure it will have the hologram and stamp saying it was bought directly from Cuba, but that is another clear indicator that they are fake.

Stick to buying from reputable internet retailers :thumbs:

The SC prefix is way out of line. Unless your friend is a time traveler.

100% fake....Cubans never come wrapped in the plastic like that (and no, it is not done by the retailers either). I'm sure it will have the hologram and stamp saying it was bought directly from Cuba, but that is another clear indicator that they are fake.

The top left picture shows a plastic sticker on the bottom right corner of the box, this could be the hologram.

Fuggit smoke em up, maybe the will be good tasting fakes or bad tasting real ones.

Well, in theory, a retailer could easily shrinkwrap these puppies there's no way to know that someone hasn't done that for shipping reasons, etc.

However I agree with Hall Full Monte... when you look at the totality of the information provided, odds of them being real are slim to none. Which bring us to the obligatory...

Advice for Cuban cigar buyers

Well, in theory, a retailer could easily shrinkwrap these puppies there's no way to know that someone hasn't done that for shipping reasons, etc.

However I agree with Hall Full Monte... when you look at the totality of the information provided, odds of them being real are slim to none. Which bring us to the obligatory...

Advice for Cuban cigar buyers

Sure, in theory, I could win Powerball one day as well :laugh:

Truth is, I have never heard of a retailer doing it, nor has anyone else that I am aware of. Now if they were vacuum packed in a plastic bag, then it would be different.

Why is it that every new person of late that comes here wants to validate a supposed purchase by an unknown entity? (Rhetorical question, no answer needed) These threads should be reported right of the bat as the new person doesn't take the time to understand what Cigar Pass is.

If you don't know the subject learn before getting burnt. CP has some great information as Moki has pointed out. As a kid growing up they had a series of commercials to teach you how to cross the street. Well CP has all this information available to accomplish the same for our hobby.

Stop, look in both directions and listen(in this case read)!

Nothing else to see here move on.

Why is it that every new person of late that comes here wants to validate a supposed purchase by an unknown entity? (Rhetorical question, no answer needed) These threads should be reported right of the bat as the new person doesn't take the time to understand what Cigar Pass is.

If you don't know the subject learn before getting burnt. CP has some great information as Moki has pointed out. As a kid growing up they had a series of commercials to teach you how to cross the street. Well CP has all this information available to accomplish the same for our hobby.

Anthony...how could you be so brash.

CP is a friendly place.
We encourage all new users to join us and ask about cuban cigars and vendors.
If you insist on being so rude so often, well, I'm sure Bob will have something to say about it.

He might even lock you out of chat for a while. Stop causing trouble.

My apologies Melee...who did you say you got these from?
I'll be happy to send them a letter with clear details as to the authenticity of cuban cigars. :thumbs:

Truth is, I have never heard of a retailer doing it, nor has anyone else that I am aware of. Now if they were vacuum packed in a plastic bag, then it would be different.
[/quote]

Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.

I agree with Big-T on this one. He was a little harsh, but he is 100% right. Searching on Google would have lead him here and also to some informative threads. ;)

Also Melee, there's a 99.999% chance they are fakes. Unless he's offering a dirt cheap price and you would not feel bad losing that money, then do not buy them.

CP is a friendly place.
If you insist on being so rude so often, well, I'm sure Bob will have something to say about it.

I'll be happy to send them a letter with clear details as to the authenticity of cuban cigars. :thumbs:

Thank you, grateful1. I do appreciate the patience.

I did not actually buys these, but saw them on Craigslist.

I've looked around this site many times, about many subjects, including info about authentic Cubans. I assumed that they were fake, but I posted the question partly out of curiosity..... I am amazed at the vast amount of knowledge of the people on this forum, and the methods that are used to deduce fakes. It's like reading a Sherlock Holmes novel.

So maybe Tone could lighten up a little bit. Smoke a cigar, maybe.

CP is a friendly place.

I've looked around this site many times, about many subjects, including info about authentic Cubans. I assumed that they were fake, but I posted the question partly out of curiosity..... I am amazed at the vast amount of knowledge of the people on this forum, and the methods that are used to deduce fakes. It's like reading a Sherlock Holmes novel.

Steve I was waiting for your answer. In your hi it's me post here you stated that you had been reading here for six months, before signong up.

If that was the case you would have known better than to post those pictures from Craig's list. In the future read the numerous threads about authenitcating boxes and how to know what is real or not! Then when something comes up that you need help on you'll know better than to post a Craig's list post, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can give you a good price on.

I will take your advice though and will be smoking several cigars tonight with some fellow CPers.

CP is a friendly place.

Steve I was waiting for your answer. In your hi it's me post here you stated that you had been reading here for six months, before signong up.

If that was the case you would have known better than to post those pictures from Craig's list. In the future read the numerous threads about authenitcating boxes and how to know what is real or not! Then when something comes up that you need help on you'll know better than to post a Craig's list post, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I can give you a good price on.

I will take your advice though and will be smoking several cigars tonight with some fellow CPers.
You go do that, guy. And have a nice time.

CP is a friendly place.

Anthony, as I'm sure you'll enjoy the company of your 'friends' tonight, please don't forget we work at making friends everywhere. Be it on a cigar forum or at a cigar event. We are all B/SOTL please try to represent CigarPass in such a way as to be presentable throughout the community!

You sir, are no trauma surgeon!

CP is a friendly place.

Anthony, as I'm sure you'll enjoy the company of your 'friends' tonight, please don't forget we work at making friends everywhere. Be it on a cigar forum or at a cigar event. We are all B/SOTL please try to represent CigarPass in such a way as to be presentable throughout the community!

You sir, are no trauma surgeon!

In my few short years on this planet, I can honestly say I've stepped on a few toes in my time. I have no regrets and I'll make sure I smoke a fake cuban or two tonight with the boys. My regards to all who enjoy buying illegal cigars on Craig's list.

I do love smoked sturgeon!

100% fake....Cubans never come wrapped in the plastic like that (and no, it is not done by the retailers either).

These cigars may be fake, but I know people who bought several boxes from an indisputably legit merchant that were shrink-wrapped by the merchant before shipping. Folks have since stopped using this merchant for reasons unrelated to quality or authenticity of product.