• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these bands legit?

fenian'98

I received a fiver each of Cohiba Robustos and Siglo IV from a reputable vendor. I smoked two of the Siglos and one Robusto. I do a lot of my smoking in my car since I don't smoke in the house, and have no backyard to speak of in my apartment complex. So
as I was enjoying one today, I looked at some bands I left in the center console, and discovered the differences in these wrappers.
In the image the top and bottom bands were from the Sig IVs and the center band was the robusto. On the Siglo bands, above the B in Cohiba, is a gap in the gold band. The gold box around Cohiba also seems a little thinner than on the middle band. On the midle band, Habana Cuba is thicker than the other two bands.

Basically, my question is, has anyone noticed differences like these ever, or did I get the shaft from my dealer?

I realize the images aren't the best. Sorry.

[img=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3580/copyofcohibamc0.th.jpg]

I don't see anything that gives me cause for concern.

The fact that a band exhibits no overt signs of obvious inauthenticity neither confirms nor refutes the cigar's authenticity. On its own merits, it's a relatively neutral aspect.

At this point, the context of the cigar's provenance and your own experience with the vitola become particularly relevant considerations.

Wilkey

Thanks Wilkey. It was the gap in the gold box that really gave me cause for concern. It was the same on all five Sig 4s.

They look exactly alike the bands that I have on my Sig IV. Like it was previously said, nothing looks fishy to me....