• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Fly Fishers?

Gator

It’s a hobby I’m deep into. Technically still a guide, but don’t do many trips, when I have time I’m taking my 13yo son, he wants to fish every day. Living in Asheville, we have a plethora of decent water around us, primarily stocked fish, but my jam is hunting big brown trout, they become completely carnivores when they get around 20”, it’s a whole different game sticking pigs (what we call big browns). Anyone else into it?

I plan to give it a go when I retire. It's up there on my "must try list" and with a newer, for me, truck and a lightweight camper I hope to spend a bunch of time in NY Adirondacks, VT Green Mnt's and the NH White Mnts.

I lived in Charlotte for ten years and used to fish several branches of the Mills and Green River near Asheville. Me and an NC buddy still travel to fly fish often. I'm in Atlanta now. Just waded and floated the Chattahoochee last weekend. It is trophy brown waters. Tocoa is next on the list...

My trout map 😅
1720023663362.png

Go hit the Soquee River and catch a few of those pellet fed hogs they have, it’s all private, but there’s lots of guides that have access. I caught a 18” brown at a creek right near 75/285 intersection (north) about 30 years ago, people were watching me out of office windows 😂