• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

an everyday cuban cigar

Strayvector

Like what you smoke, smoke what you like
Trying to decide on box of cigars that I can smoke on a daily basis. A couple of criterias though: First, they have to be Cubans, and secondly they have to be work out costing less than $6.00 a stick. My two current faves that fit these criterias are the Partagas Shorts and Bolivar petite coronas. How do you guys feel about these sticks and do you have any other suggestions? I like medium to full bodied smokes.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Strayvector said:
Trying to decide on box of cigars that I can smoke on a daily basis. A couple of criterias though: First, they have to be Cubans, and secondly they have to be work out costing less than $6.00 a stick. My two current faves that fit these criterias are the Partagas Shorts and Bolivar petite coronas. How do you guys feel about these sticks and do you have any other suggestions? I like medium to full bodied smokes.

[snapback]189959[/snapback]​
Both are pretty full bodied for everyday cigars. I prefer the Shorts over the Bolis, but the Bolis are probably a better cigar when aged properly. Here are some other suggestions that I find to be more of a smoke anytime cigar in your range:
Fonseca No 1
Hoyo Du Depute
Monte #4 or #5
Ramone Allones Small Club Coronas
RyJ Cedros #3
Sancho Panza Non Plus

Emo

lucasbuck said:
Emo makes some excellent suggestions. I would only add the Siglo I ;)
[snapback]189969[/snapback]​
I'm not a fan of Cohiba, so hence the omission. And I was hesitent to add the RyJ for that reason.

Emo

I second the RyJ Cedros just because there's something about a nice slice of cedar wrapped around a cigar; it's corny but it makes even a pedestrian cigar just a notch more special.

If you want a cheap everyday Cuban, I would say Jose Piedra, Quintero, Troya, just to name a few of the machine mades.

Although I have not had the Petit Corona which would be in your price range, I really liked the two Rafael Gonzalez I have tried.

Por Larranaga may be another for you to try as well.

Quintero Brevas (these are actually short filler and completely hand made)
RASCC
SC ElPrincipe

CC bet me to it. San Cristobals are the bomb. they are my favorite habano. Go with them! ;)

emodx said:
Strayvector said:
Trying to decide on box of cigars that I can smoke on a daily basis.  A couple of criterias though:  First, they have to be Cubans, and secondly they have to be work out costing less than $6.00 a stick.  My two current faves that fit these criterias are the Partagas Shorts and Bolivar petite coronas.  How do you guys feel about these sticks and do you have any other suggestions?  I like medium to full bodied smokes.

[snapback]189959[/snapback]​
Both are pretty full bodied for everyday cigars. I prefer the Shorts over the Bolis, but the Bolis are probably a better cigar when aged properly. Here are some other suggestions that I find to be more of a smoke anytime cigar in your range:
Fonseca No 1
Hoyo Du Depute
Monte #4 or #5
Ramone Allones Small Club Coronas
RyJ Cedros #3
Sancho Panza Non Plus

Emo
[snapback]189961[/snapback]​

The last one on Emo's list, is definitely not the least. A great one and, as Ricmac pointed out, you'll do good to get your hands on some Jose Piedras too.

Mine aren't everyday smokes (since I don't smoke every day) but pricewise they could be:

Quintero Brevas
JL Piedra Cremas or Petit coronas
Guantanamera Cristales
Partagas Super Partagas

Of these the Quintero is my favorite. Spicey, cheap and nice. Partagas has the best flavor imo, but costs about three times as much as the Quintero.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. In the next couple of weeks, I'll try to pick up and try as many as was suggested and post my opinions on them. I'll let you know what I end up ordering.

Thanks again,
Sam

Strayvector said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. In the next couple of weeks, I'll try to pick up and try as many as was suggested and post my opinions on them. I'll let you know what I end up ordering.

Thanks again,
Sam
[snapback]190142[/snapback]​
If you do some research, some of the sponsors of the different Cigar forums, you may find vendors that sell 5 packs. :whistling:

My daily smoke is ERDM choix supreme. Great all around smoke if you have 3+ years on them.

LGHT said:
My daily smoke is ERDM choix supreme. Great all around smoke if you have 3+ years on them.
[snapback]190202[/snapback]​

Agree, they are nice cigars, but they need the years in the humi, I have been disappointed with the young ones. Same comment for the SLR Regios. Have had some wonderful Boli and Punch Coronas which are right about the $6.00 as well.

Yep, I've had the Guantanamara Cristals, which are very inexpensive mm. Are I think they are good. Also Fonseca has a couple options that are inexpensive and quite good.

My "go to" cigars for outdoor grilling or what I would call an everyday cigar would have to be ...

Partagas Shorts
SC El Principe
RASCC

:cool:

Thanks for all the input guys. In the next couple of months I will be trying as many of the suggested ones as possible. I've just ordered 2 boxes of my favorite cigars that I've tried so far. I've ordered the Partagas Serie D. no 4 and H.Upmann Magnum 46s. Even though they're not the $6/stick that I wanted to spend for an everyday cigar and they take a little longer to smoke, I've enjoyed them so much, that I decided to splurge a little. Hopefully I can keep em napping for at least 6 months before smoking them. In the meantime, I'll be smoking as many of the different types of petite coronas that you all suggessted.

Really can't overlook the mixed-filler ISOMs. I recently tried the Jose Piedras Brevas (petite corona size)...I love them. They are a no nonsense, straight up, in your face sort of cigar. Full-bodied, tons of flavor. Really nice. At around $2 a stick, you really can't go wrong. I, myself, am looking forward to trying the Quintero and some of the other "hand-finished" ISOMs.