• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aged ones are GOOD!

atuck

ANEJORE
Last week I decided to break into my colection of aged ISOM smokes. I have several hundred that I was able to score of of an FOGBOTL. I have had them in my humidor for over a year now. The yougest one that I smoked was from '98. Most that I have are from '98. But I did just smoke several from the mid '80s and one from the '70s.

It was amazing to see how the age really affects the cigars. These cigars all had a unique taste. Very different from fresh cigars. All, except one, were fantastic. I consider myself very lucky to have had a week like this!

The oldest ISOM's I have ever smoked were a couple of Sancho Panza Non Plus from '98.
and they were very good... :thumbs:

I was lucky enough to purchase a fiver of Partagas Churchill Deluxe from 01. I also picked up some 05 in a split with a buddy. The difference is night and day! Not that old, but it was a great test of what a little time can do. The 01's had hints of tea and a much more delicate spice. The 05 were bolder with fewer distinguishable flavors and a more muddled overall profile.

I hope your week continues on such a great note.

Last week I decided to break into my colection of aged ISOM smokes. I have several hundred that I was able to score of of an FOGBOTL. I have had them in my humidor for over a year now. The yougest one that I smoked was from '98. Most that I have are from '98. But I did just smoke several from the mid '80s and one from the '70s.

It was amazing to see how the age really affects the cigars. These cigars all had a unique taste. Very different from fresh cigars. All, except one, were fantastic. I consider myself very lucky to have had a week like this!
I've noticed that the strains used in the 70's were way more flavorfull than what is used today.

I've had quite a few from the 70's and am now working on a partial box of late 60's Monte #4 right now.

I've had quite a few from the 70's and am now working on a partial box of late 60's Monte #4 right now.

No kidding Rob, so how are they tasting? I've got a single from the early 80's that I'm just dyeing to smoke.

:cool:
They are unbelievable. There's an unusal (not bad) taste to them that I think suggests that these are/were at thier peak so I've decided that the only thing I can do is smoke them all before they go flat :laugh:

I've noticed that the strains used in the 70's were way more flavorfull than what is used today.

Holy sh$t! I thought I was doing well having some from '01. :laugh:

I sure hope you have an alarm system in your house :whistling: