• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

26 minutes with Pete Johnson

I enjoyed the interview. Damned if he doesn't remind me of my cousin Phil.
I'll like him better after I get some Monster Franks! :angry:

:sign:

Thanks for the links. I enjoyed both interviews immensely. I was waiting to hear some questions on the Tat Black's and whether there would be another release. Anyone know?

Thanks for the links. I enjoyed both interviews immensely. I was waiting to hear some questions on the Tat Black's and whether there would be another release. Anyone know?

I don't know if there will be another release because I don't think he's ever stopped releasing them. First it was just jars, and then bundles, and then the robustos.

I don't know if there will be another release because I don't think he's ever stopped releasing them. First it was just jars, and then bundles, and then the robustos.

In another interview I read he will only be using them at his personal appreances.

He hinted he may do a Jar refill program, but like a lot of things I think he has a lot of ideas as maybes.

Thanks for the link. I always enjoy seeing a cigar-maker talk about their passion.

The event at Drapers was fun and totally relaxed. Pete is always totally down to earth and totally real. It was hilarious because I snuck over from work for a few and when I got there, it was like watching Mick Jagger with a bunch of fans around him. Saw a guy come in with a bagfull of stuff to be signed, I mean jars, ashtrays, boxes. Of all the people I've met, and they all stay at our hotel when they're in town, Petes been the one who actually is like talking to a good friend. I think hes just a lot more "accessable" and will actually pay attention to what smokers of his cigars are saying. If you make a suggestion and he thinks "hmm, that may be good", there are good chances that you may see it come to life in the future. Hey Pete, remember "I will I will" right ;) G1

good stuff... I hope that I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity to meet up with Pete one of these days - seems like a great guy :thumbs:

Great interview. I met Pete at the Vegas BS a couple of years back and always give him a hard time about his website design. He's really a great guy and fun to talk too. He's definitely one of the young lions in the industry.

The event at Drapers was fun and totally relaxed. Pete is always totally down to earth and totally real. It was hilarious because I snuck over from work for a few and when I got there, it was like watching Mick Jagger with a bunch of fans around him. Saw a guy come in with a bagfull of stuff to be signed, I mean jars, ashtrays, boxes. Of all the people I've met, and they all stay at our hotel when they're in town, Petes been the one who actually is like talking to a good friend. I think hes just a lot more "accessable" and will actually pay attention to what smokers of his cigars are saying. If you make a suggestion and he thinks "hmm, that may be good", there are good chances that you may see it come to life in the future. Hey Pete, remember "I will I will" right ;) G1

Hey Pete, and Tak..........Thanks for the heads up on the event at Draper's fuggers!!! :sign:

Wished I had of known, would have made it for sure.

Man, I thought everyone knew about it. There was so much talk about the anticipation of the Frank and when the 13 shops were introduced, there was a note on that thread about the event on LI and in DC. I actually was only there for literally about 15 minutes as I was on a "break" from work. Sorry bout that J, Just an FYI, even before the event, they were all sold out of Franks and there was something like 30 people on the waiting list. G1

Thanks for sharing the video. Love learning more about the cigars and the people behind them.

Well, I finally got hold of a few "Franks" So now, I love Pete again. :laugh:

Seriously though, it was a very good interview. I also followed the link to the cigarspy interview, and watched and enjoyed that as well.

I appreciate that he made himself available and shared his thoughts with us.

Man, I thought everyone knew about it. There was so much talk about the anticipation of the Frank and when the 13 shops were introduced, there was a note on that thread about the event on LI and in DC. I actually was only there for literally about 15 minutes as I was on a "break" from work. Sorry bout that J, Just an FYI, even before the event, they were all sold out of Franks and there was something like 30 people on the waiting list. G1

Just bustin your balls T.

Thank you for the posting, Pete seems like a great guy. Just finished the "Frank" can't wait to see the "Drac"!!!