• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2024 / Espinosa 22: 601 Blue from the EO days

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
@Smart Ash was so gracious in his gifting me some additional Espinosa cigars, that I had to continue with this review thread. This one happens to be the original 601 Blue, from Eddie Ortega's and Erik Espinosa's EO Brands. This band threw me off at first, since it said it was the 601 Blue, even though it didn't represent the current band that has been the mainstay since forever. Well, lets see if it has any life left in it.
1/3: Spicy! Tastes maduro-y. Not sure how to explain it. I think I'm getting a faint taste of wood too, as we get to the end of the first third.
2/3: Grass, and a sweetness that I cannot describe. Gosh, my palette must be taking a day off.
3/3: Fresh wheat bread with sugar and butter.

Really nice cigar with plenty of enjoyment left, after all these years. Had a hard time picking flavors out but I enjoyed it a lot!IMG_4290.jpegIMG_4291.jpeg

Thanks for the review.

Approximately how old is this cigar?

Do you think it might have been tough to pick out flavors because they have "married" as the cigar aged?