• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2024 / Espinosa 04: Event Only Silver toro

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This was bought from the Privada Cigar site last thanksgiving. It as described as an Espinosa event only cigar that has been aged 5 years. Toro in size, the only marking on it is a silver foot band.
1/3: Medium bodied and very smooth. I guess when its 5+ years old, you should expect it to be smooth. The ash is flaky and the predominant flavor is white pepper spice. There are some woody notes and a hint of sweetness.
2/3: The woody notes has taken center stage with the sweetness in the background. There is very little spice, which to me is the core flavor of the Espinosa portfolio so that is confusing to me, but so be it.
3/3: The woodiness is there along with the subtle sweetness and the white p[epper is back on the retrohale but other then that the focus is on the woody notes.

Very balanced and medium body throughout. It was good, I wouldn't turn one down. I do not know if this is still being given out at Espinosa events as I haven't seen in on Social Media, but if you come across one, try it out.
IMG_3953.jpeg

Thanks for the review! Seems like the aging may have contributed to the woodiness and decreased spice.